Talk

Advanced search

White Stuff shoppers, is this last years?

(12 Posts)
Dollydowser Tue 25-Sep-12 19:56:42

After endless searching for a winter casual skirt (knee length, straight or slight A line, side or back zip) I have found the perfect skirt. But it is sold out in my size and it doesn't appear on any other websites. Was this last years stock, or do I stand a chance of finding it in a 16?

Sariska Tue 25-Sep-12 20:01:47

It's this year's. I bought it last week - in store as the size I wanted was also sold out online.

Hope you find it.

shelley72 Tue 25-Sep-12 20:01:51

I don't remember seeing it recently but our store isn't that big. Have you tried ebay?

EldonAve Tue 25-Sep-12 20:03:38

It's worth calling either John Lewis to check if they have any instore anywhere - they will usually then post it to you

Or you could try calling WS

Dollydowser Tue 25-Sep-12 20:11:30

Thanks for the replies. If it is this years then there is a chance I will find it in one of their stores, I will have a ring round tomorrow. Its not on their website. How do you like it Sariska, and how long is it?

yomellamoHelly Tue 25-Sep-12 20:28:12

Is in our local store. Is very short. (5" 7 - mid thigh - so rubbish mit kids)

Dollydowser Tue 25-Sep-12 20:42:30

Bugger, need it to cover my knees. I am only 5'3" though. There are no measurements I can find for length. I think I like them 21/22".

Sariska Tue 25-Sep-12 20:44:34

Yep, definitely a mini. I'm 5'10" and will only be wearing it with thick tights. I do like it though, especially the colour.

Sariska Tue 25-Sep-12 20:46:25

I can measure the length of mine in the morning if you like. Would do it now were it not for the fact that toddler DD is currently asleep in my bed <sigh> and I really really don't want her to wake up right now as have work to do. Speaking of which.....

Dollydowser Tue 25-Sep-12 21:07:34

That's very kind Sariska, thankyou that would be lovely.

Sariska Wed 26-Sep-12 17:35:53

Dolly - it's 18" (46cm).

Hope you track it down if you decide it's what you want.

Dollydowser Wed 26-Sep-12 20:07:10

Thank you Sariska. I went to White Stuff today to see for myself. It is indeed a very Mini skirt. I wasn't too disappointed as it wasn't quite as luscious as it looked in the photo, it looked to me as if it had already been in the washing machine a few times. As did a lot of their jersey tops.
Does anyone like that prewashed look? I have an innate ability to make smart things look scruffy at the best of times, I don't need scruffy to start with

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now