Talk

Advanced search

Help - how to get marks off a light coloured leather bag!!!

(5 Posts)
ajandjjmum Tue 25-Sep-12 18:34:40

DD is on her way home from work, and her light coloured Mulberry has got blue marks on it. 'It's ruined' apparently. I suspect it might be dye from new jeans she's wearing today.

Any ideas - please! It has been treated with leather spray, but I don't want to start rubbing it, or doing anything detrimental.

Be really grateful for any advice.

DonaAna Tue 25-Sep-12 18:45:41

I have not had a lot of of success with this but here are some things to try.

cheesymonster Tue 25-Sep-12 18:53:29

You might want to ask on the Purse Forum Website. The ladies there are very knowledgeable and there's a Mulberry care subforum

forum.purseblog.com/mulberry-reference-library/cleaning-and-protecting-your-mulberry-46801.html

madammecholet Tue 25-Sep-12 18:54:42

Dye transfer is a nightmare on light bags. I've used Collonil gel on blue marks before and its come right off as long as you get to them quick enough.. try neutral shoe polish if you've not got any collonil... Use sparingly and repeatedly on the stain...

Good luck...

ajandjjmum Tue 25-Sep-12 19:40:58

Thank you all!

I think she'd transferred the stains by hand (touching jeans then bag), so they have come off easily. However, it's made us both realise that we need to have 'stuff' to hand, so will be looking at getting some Collinil to keep handy!

Phew - was a bit of a stressed journey home! Thank goodness for MN! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now