Talk

Advanced search

I need warm and stylish gloves please

(17 Posts)
MirandaWest Tue 25-Sep-12 17:49:46

I have useless circulation and every year get very cold hands and feet. Feet get woolly socks and are OK but I seem to end up with several pairs of cheap gloves on that don't keep me warm.

Have seen there are lined leather gloves - what is the difference in warmth between silk lined ones and fleece lined ones? And does anyone recommend any brands? Am prepared to go up to about £50 I think.

Thank you smile

Msinterpret Tue 25-Sep-12 18:05:15

My M&S lined leather gloves were about £15 a couple of years ago and v snuggly! I even wear them cycling, along with woollen wrist-warmer type things (essentially fingerless mittens that are long enough to go up my arm a bit.

HTH?

MirandaWest Tue 25-Sep-12 18:18:12

Thank you - will have a look in M&S smile hadn't thought of wrist warmer type things but as I cycle a bit they would be good too I think.

Lovewearingjeans Tue 25-Sep-12 18:19:52

I work with small children, so am outside a lot, and I would swear by either leather or suede gloves. Mine are from accesorize. No more open knit for me!

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 25-Sep-12 18:21:31

I would buy normal leather gloves and then buy silk glove liners, that way you have the leather, a lining sewn in and another silk lining to keep you warm.

Failing that a thermal lining such as thinsulate.

cookielovesorange Tue 25-Sep-12 18:33:50

www.black.co.uk/media/images/SevenBowOperaGloves_1_m.jpg

cookielovesorange Tue 25-Sep-12 18:34:51

Sorry i am sure those are not the gloves you want blush just trying something out and posted to soon !!!

heroutdoors Tue 25-Sep-12 18:41:01

If you are prepared to go up to £50,- you could buy cashmere surely?

typicalvirgo Tue 25-Sep-12 18:43:43

Cashmere gloves are lovely and warm, but they wear very quickly.

Great for just swanking about without touching anything - but not up to holding a great deal.

DiscretionGuaranteed Tue 25-Sep-12 18:49:25

M&S have a load of colourful fleece lined leather gloves in for 15 quid ATM and they'll do the job just fine. I used to insist on silk lining but actually they tend to rip, and I find fleece works well.

If you want slightly longer gloves to cover your wrists though then have a look in Accessorise or John Lewis.

tiredteddy Tue 25-Sep-12 18:54:08

My friend who suffers with bad circulation bought herself some furry (sheepskin maybe) lined gloves last year from Noa Noa and says they are the best ones she's ever had. They were £££ though.

SilverSixpence Tue 25-Sep-12 18:57:18

I bought some great ones from TK Maxx from Dents, they were leather with a thermal type lining. They are waterproof too.

MirandaWest Tue 25-Sep-12 19:20:16

The opera gloves do look lovely but possibly a little impractical grin

I had wobdered about cashmere but was concerned about whether they would last.

Will look in M&S and TK Maxx and consider other places as well smile And hope for a mild winter....

FreeButtonBee Tue 25-Sep-12 19:25:48

I got s great pair of sheepskin mittens in TK Maxx £100 reduced to £30. Defo worth a look.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 25-Sep-12 19:38:41

Celtic sheepskin do some really Cosy looking sheepskin gloves.

cookielovesorange Tue 25-Sep-12 20:45:11

I got a lovely pair from M&S smile

sorry bout earlier post total blush

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 25-Sep-12 20:46:45

Sheepskin insoles are good in shoes if you've got room for them, very toasty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now