Talk

Advanced search

Blusher novice

(5 Posts)
DoALittleDance Tue 25-Sep-12 16:24:57

Has anyone got any blusher tips?

I am very fair skinned and powder blusher leaves big stripes on my face. So I use pink cream blusher and it seems to disappear after 5 minutes. Just put it on with fingers. Am I doing it wrong? Any recommendations?

Frequently get asked if I'm ill as I'm so pale... but don't dare wear bronzer as I look like an orange.

Thanks x

Itsgottabebags Tue 25-Sep-12 16:28:04

Try something like benefit dandilion. Brush the fattest part/apples of your cheeks. Make sure your tap your blusher brush before applying to remove any excess blusher.

That's what I would say

horsebiscuit Tue 25-Sep-12 16:32:12

Buy a proper big fat blusher brush, if you haven't already. MAC do nice ones.

AuntyDiluvian Tue 25-Sep-12 16:35:02

I'm pretty pale too and I LOVE powder blusher and often get compliments when I wear it (as in, 'you're looking healthy', not 'ooh I like your blusher').
Choosing the right colour is important - have a look at what colour you go when you've got a natural flush from exercising. In my case I've got blue eyes and an almost bluey-pink tinge (mmm, nice - also actual blue lips if I get too cold) so I go for a slightly purple-blue pink. Current blusher is Benefit 's 'Hervana' - expensive but it gets a lot of use which is better than buying 3 cheap ones that are crap! Get a bit on the brush, grin into the mirror and swirl it onto the fat 'apple' bit of your cheeks, then smudge it with your hands if it looks a bit Aunt Sally.
Also definitely try any shade on in a shop first and then look in a mirror in daylight.
I honestly did not realise how much I had to say on this subject. Hope it helps...

DoALittleDance Tue 25-Sep-12 18:12:42

OOh thanks so much ladies.

Always worried about the "Aunt Sally" effect - thanks for giving it a name Aunty smile

Getting me a blusher brush and some Hervana. Will forego the cream stuff for now and concentrate on the powder stuff. Ready to look healthy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now