Talk

Advanced search

i need some style guidance please

(13 Posts)
gymboywalton Tue 25-Sep-12 14:30:42

it has been SO long since i went out in a city centre on a saturday night tha i have no clue what to wear.

am out this saturday and want to wear something nice but not too dressed uo-going to a bar/for a meal.

help me please style gurus

gymboywalton Tue 25-Sep-12 14:54:58

anyone?

IShallPracticeMyCurtsey Tue 25-Sep-12 15:03:01

Can you give some more details? How old are you, what size are you, how tall are you, what do you feel good in? What colours do you feel suit you? What's your budget? Can you walk in heels, etc?

dingdong3 Tue 25-Sep-12 15:16:44

My fall-back option now that I'm within striking distance of 40 is skinny black/grey or navy jeans, black blazer and a sparkly vest or short sleeved top underneath. I have black shoeboots for this time of year and other times, I wear black peep toes. If you give us more info on your shape/likes etc..we can probably help more smile

gymboywalton Tue 25-Sep-12 15:17:12

ok am 40
size 20blush
5' 11"
don't really do heels

i LOVE colour and black[not neccessarily together]-wear lots of blues and greens and red
mostly wear trousers or dresses-don't tend to wear skirts

budget-not a huge amount but i could get something new

just don't know what SORT of thing to wear

dingdong3 Tue 25-Sep-12 15:25:40

I love a blazer for pulling together an otherwise plain outfit. If I could only buy one thing for a night out, I'd get one and put with jeans and a top that I already had. You are tall enough to not have to wear heels anyway (lucky you) Have you anything in your wardrobe right now that you love wearing and could build an outfit around?

IShallPracticeMyCurtsey Tue 25-Sep-12 15:36:27

Agree with dingdong - a blazer is a great way to put together an outfit.

Love this blazer in both colours. Would suit your height I think.

dingdong3 Tue 25-Sep-12 15:38:36

Oh...some lovely items in the ASOS Curve range. I'd love this tunic over some black skinnies.

gymboywalton Tue 25-Sep-12 18:16:11

no to the tunic as would make big norks look very matronly-i find that v necks, the deeper the better, look best

yes to blazer-very nice

IShallPracticeMyCurtsey Tue 25-Sep-12 19:24:41

Blazer with either some dark jeans, pretty flats and a top you like, or a dress you like! I'd suggest accessorizing with some bangles and a cross-body bag. Actually have look at the asos models for styling inspiration, you could borrow some of the looks!

IShallPracticeMyCurtsey Tue 25-Sep-12 19:40:08

I like what the model is wearing here - sorry for crap link -
http://m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/ASOS-Curve/ASOS-CURVE-Exclusive-Skinny-Jean-In-True-Red/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2150175&cid=9577&sh=0&pge=8&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=True+red

The black blazer over this and accessories to add interest? What's your hair like ?

gymboywalton Tue 25-Sep-12 20:16:15

i've got shoulder length brown/reddish hair

sorry i would never wear red skinny jeans-i would llook ike a balloon

Itsgottabebags Tue 25-Sep-12 20:44:38

I like the blazer idea accessorised with a thin brightly coloured skinny scarf maybe with some sparkle

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now