Talk

Advanced search

Aargh! Are these 'replicas' or are they the real deal?

(9 Posts)
Thistledew Tue 25-Sep-12 13:06:42

I have seen and like the look of these:

www.christianlouboutinshoponlines.com/jimmy-choo/sandals/jimmy-choo-lance-strappy-sandals-bronze.html

but if you google the name of the shoe, it comes up with exactly the same pictures on sites like this:

www.christianlauboutin.com/products/jimmy-choo-sandals-312.html

and this:

www.brianatwoodsale.com/brianatwood/jimmy-choo-911.html

which states that they are 'replicas'.

And if you go to what I think is the official jimmy chop website
www.jimmychoo.com/sandals/lance/invt/247lancemle/
it only shows the shoes in gold and silver, not bronze.

I am happy to pay £100 for a pair of the genuine things, but not for a pair of rip-offs. Am I right that all the ones that come up when you search are fakes?

How do you ensure that you are buying a genuine article when you shop on line?

smalltown Tue 25-Sep-12 13:11:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

smalltown Tue 25-Sep-12 13:12:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EdMcDunnough Tue 25-Sep-12 13:12:55

Contact the official website and ask them which are genuine. They might be happy to tell you.

snowybaby Tue 25-Sep-12 13:17:17

Those are fakes.
The real deal will never come down to £100 even during sale.

The name of the website is the real giveaway....easy to spot if it the original website or not.

the first link: onlines???
2nd link: lauboutin as opposed to louboutin
3rd link: official website seldom put the word online...or shop...or sale in their url.

Thistledew Tue 25-Sep-12 13:19:40

I have to say that I am amazed that there are so many sites openly selling fakes. Why do the big brands permit it? Is it because they want more people in their labels and talking about buying their brand even though they are not buying the real thing?

This is the first time I have tried to buy shoes on line, and it has completely put me off.

I want to buy a pair of bronze-coloured strappy sandals, and thought it would be easier to find on-line than walking down the high street. I can see I am not going to enjoy this sad.

Thistledew Tue 25-Sep-12 13:23:26

Fuckers angry! I would probably buy them anyway if they were half the price and not pretending to be something they are not.

Whilst we are here, does anyone care to give me their opinion on these or these or to make any other suggestions?

gregssausageroll Tue 25-Sep-12 13:28:42

The about us gives it away and I copy

Home / About Us About Us

We are founded in 2005 and located in HongKong. christianlouboutinshoponlines.com is an online e-commerce company offering tens of thousands of popular footwear products including Christian Louboutin Flats, Christian Louboutin Mini Heals, Christian Louboutin Short Boots and Christian Louboutin Skins, Christian Louboutin Extremely High and High Heels. Purchasing from us, you can get more 10-70% off than other website.

1. Best Price Though every dealer will say their prices are the best, we still firmly believe we can gain your favor at this point. christianlouboutinshoponlines.com owns a variety of suppliers and has driven continuous cost saving program with all sub-tier suppliers. Shopping with us, you can get 10-70% off than E-bay and other website. Of course, when you browse the product in christianlouboutinshoponlines.com, if you find our product price is higher than others, you may contact us via email or live chat.

2.christianlouboutinshoponlines.com is proud of its benefits and continuously introduces products with state of the art design, reliable quality and unbeatable price to satisfy customers.

Thistledew Tue 25-Sep-12 13:39:55

The info is there when you look, I admit, but I followed a link directly to the product from a site like pintrest (I can't remember if it was that one specifically) after doing a search for 'bronze strappy heels', so if I had not done a google search on the name of the shoe, I could easily have bought them without seeing anything to say that they are fakes. A bit naive, I know, but I think that the first site on which I saw the shoes had ones in other colours at the 'full' price, so it seemed feasible that these were just end of line discounts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now