Talk

Advanced search

Maternity winter coat??

(12 Posts)
Littlemissmagnet Tue 25-Sep-12 09:17:53

I am looking for a maternity winter coat for a really slim size 14. I didn't bother last pregnancy (went with a bigger size -lol the bigger size was smaller than I am now blush ) and I was a bit stuck for a warm coat in last 4 weeks of my pregnancy. I don't really want to spend too much as I don't plan on any more...
Any suggestions gratefully received. Due in Feb.
Many thanks

blondiep14 Tue 25-Sep-12 09:23:21

I got one in jojomamanbebe, in my last pregnancy.
I can't remember how much it was but it won't have been over 50quid.
It's a parka style but fleece-lined so pretty warm.

Maybe Asda or Tesco online have something, or Matalan?

zombiewalker Tue 25-Sep-12 11:28:58

swing coats, they are everywhere and perfect for a bump cheaper than buying maternity too

ScrambledSmegs Tue 25-Sep-12 11:36:43

I had a very cheap empire line wool coat from New Look in my last pregnancy. Just had it dry-cleaned and it looks fine. I needed a decent one for work as I often visited clients, and had a mahoosive bump at quite an early stage.

Ebay has a big selection of maternity coats, maybe try on there? I will probably sell a lot of my maternity clothes on there post-birth, so sure other people will be doing likewise.

ScrambledSmegs Tue 25-Sep-12 11:40:08

BTW What's your budget? M&S have a nice maternity coat for £50, but it's sold out in a lot of sizes.

Linky

Littlemissmagnet Sat 29-Sep-12 14:01:08

I was hoping bit less than £50. Might look at ebay and see whats on there.
Many thanks Guys smile

Tryingtothinkofnewsnazzyname Sat 29-Sep-12 14:04:51

I went the cheapskate thrifty route and bought an Asda coat in a style that worked - one button at top fastening so bump had more room. That way you can do it for under £30 potentially.

bigpants103 Sat 29-Sep-12 14:08:59

My friend has just bought a puffa coat from H&M. Cost about £30 but used codes 1304 and 9910 and it cost about £24 with codes. I don't think it will last her long as it's sort of pregnancy bump shaped not with stretchy bits iyswim.

tiredteddy Sat 29-Sep-12 18:03:56

I am looking for a maternity coat too. The H&M puffs one I liked but sold out in my size unfortunately. Other than that I would prefer something that is not black. Am looking on eBay too.

Startailoforangeandgold Sat 29-Sep-12 18:14:15

I must confess, I used a cheap blokes skiing anorak. I didn't even buy it I scrounged it off my large sister.

Unfortunately, I left it somewhere in the haze of having a new baby, so she never got it backblush

minicc Sat 29-Sep-12 19:23:28

I wore a knitted cape when I was mahoosive last year- layers underneath and wasn't too tight. Just made someone carry a brolly for me if it was raining grin

minicc Sat 29-Sep-12 19:26:55

Just seen they have them in warehouse for £30 ( subtle black, and a v subtle leopard print!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now