Talk

Advanced search

How to train a fringe?

(6 Posts)
abigboydidit Tue 25-Sep-12 08:58:54

Just had my hair chopped into a short style so have a fringe for the first time in decades. It is just a short, side swept number and falls at my natural parting but it is needing a bit of persuasion to stay swept over and not just hang down leaving me looking like I model for Lego. I tried straighteners but it is too short. Currently blasting it with a drier then putting on firm hold wax but it ain't cutting it. Any suggestions? I wondered about hairspray or is that a bad idea?

SuperB0F Tue 25-Sep-12 09:01:35

They are all raving about setting lotion in S&B- maybe give that a try? If it kept Auntie Mavis' curls like concrete all week, it's got to be up to sorting out a little old fringe.

abigboydidit Tue 25-Sep-12 09:26:05

Setting lotion? Seriously?? My Gran will be delighted to be so on trend! Off to check out the threads..

JuliaFlyte Tue 25-Sep-12 11:13:26

I have a fringe but am 'blessed' with a bit of a cows lick, so it is a battle to keep it straight. I put mouse in mine, doesn't seem to matter which one, blast it with hot air, then a spritz of hairspray.

abigboydidit Tue 25-Sep-12 11:45:40

Thanks Julia. Mine has similar tendencies so is proving a bit of a battle - especially in current wind and rain. Think I have a can of mousse somewhere from yonks ago.. Mousse can't go off, can it?!

JuliaFlyte Tue 25-Sep-12 12:31:44

No mousse won't go off, a mouse on the other hand....blush!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now