Talk

Advanced search

Do you have greasy hair? Which shampoo would you recommend please.

(28 Posts)
chocolatespiders Tue 25-Sep-12 07:14:55

Hair feels so horrible and I am willing to spend money on something which will make a difference- Thankyou in advance

RecursiveMoon Tue 25-Sep-12 07:59:48

I get greasy hair, and have to wash it every day. I just ditched all the silicone-containing stuff, and now use naked (available at Boots) and Green People (available from Ocado). I still need to wash it every day though sad.

chocolatespiders Tue 25-Sep-12 20:01:02

Thanks for reply..I will look for something without silicone.

MrsCampbellBlack Tue 25-Sep-12 20:02:13

I have tried many and normally use kerastase but am currently loving dove volume boost which is 3 for 2 in boots.

I generally only use conditioner on the ends and only about twice a week.

MrsCampbellBlack Tue 25-Sep-12 20:02:50

I wash my hair everyday but am fine with that and its absolutely fine for your hair too.

chocolatespiders Tue 25-Sep-12 20:15:22

Which kerastase shampoo do you use..

I also wash my hair every morning and if I am going out in evening I wash it again!

RecursiveMoon Tue 25-Sep-12 20:17:51

Should I only be using conditioner on the ends confused?

MrsCampbellBlack Tue 25-Sep-12 20:25:25

Oh god yes to conditioner on the ends if you have greasy hair - never at the roots. If you shampoo carefully your hair shouldn't get too tangled.

I used the pink kerastase bain mirroir 1 I think it was for coloured fine hair.

chocolatespiders Tue 25-Sep-12 20:25:30

My hairdresser spoke to me yesterday about my concerns and he said condition only on the ends (approx inch)

RecursiveMoon Tue 25-Sep-12 20:28:56

Oh, thanks MrsC! Never ever to the roots? I'll save a fortune on conditioner. And the ends as in just the ends, or everything apart from the roots?

xmasevebundle Tue 25-Sep-12 20:29:29

Use about a 10p piece size you dont need that much! I use about 50psize for my whole head.

If you have a week when you feel ikky or ill, dont wash your hair for a few days then wash it. Sometimes your hair gets greasy because your over wash it!!!

wornoutbutstillwonderful Tue 25-Sep-12 20:38:19

What about a dry shampoo like Batiste for every second day it adds body to your hair as well.

lurcherlover Tue 25-Sep-12 20:40:06

Get to Lush, pronto. You need the purple solid shampoo bar (I can't remember its name, might be juniper, but it's the only purple one) and a bottle of veganese conditioner. I started using these a few months ago and they have changed my hair life. No more lank hair which looks greasy by lunchtime - just shiny and manageable locks. And the shampoo bar lasts forever so you save money too!

RecursiveMoon Tue 25-Sep-12 20:40:30

I've tried Batiste, it makes my hair looker finally better first thing, but then it looks pretty crap an hour or two later.

So envy of people who can wash their hair every couple of days! Although, I've been over-conditioning, so maybe there's hope yet grin.

RecursiveMoon Tue 25-Sep-12 20:41:43

Hmm, looker finally = look a bit. I think.

chocolatespiders Tue 25-Sep-12 20:42:55

That looks good lurcher... Will get some of that to try on Thursday- Thanks for the recommendation smile

IdoknowtheMuffinMan Tue 25-Sep-12 20:44:12

I find that anything that promises volume or thickening makes my hair less oily.

I also use dry shampoo on my fringe straight after I've dried it everyday and that stops it getting greasy at all.

confusedpixie Tue 25-Sep-12 20:44:24

I have greasey hair and use Aussie shampoo/conditioner combo. It doesn't help that I have to put conditioner very close to my scalp as my hair is extremely tangled too sad But the aussie stuff all seems lighter than anything else I've used!

I also find Veganese conditioner in Lush great and my hair was gorgeous whilst using that, no grease! Could leave it to every second day too! But it doesn't detangle my hair at all now it's past shoulder length sad

confusedpixie Tue 25-Sep-12 20:46:24

Oh, and lush have just released a load of new shampoos, which I intend to try!
Their solid coconut shampoo is good too grin

I love Lush. Everything but my shampoo and my "I'm having a quick shower" body wash is from there!

FrankelSaysRelax Tue 25-Sep-12 20:48:01

I have to wash mine every day too sad

Definitely avoid silicone-based products. Also, rather than using a "greasy" shampoo, try using a moisturising shampoo. Washing everyday can strip out the essential oils so shampoos designed to feed the hair can help.

chocolatespiders Tue 25-Sep-12 20:48:22

Confused- have you tried a tangle tamer brush? It has been great on my dd's curly hair and they use them in our hairdressers.. They also advised my dd to comb it when wet. She also finds brushing it through before washing helps and taking the comb into the shower to comb her hair whilst the conditioner is on.

xmasevebundle Tue 25-Sep-12 20:57:57

Tangle tamer is brillant!

I have one, its about £7-10 from boots or superdrug, i have never looked back after i bought it.

When you brush/comb your hair ALWAYS start from the bottom never the top.

IKnowItsMyFaultBut Tue 25-Sep-12 20:59:27

Another vote for lush. I'm a human grease ball and use their red, spicy shampoo bar. It takes no prisoners.

suze28 Tue 25-Sep-12 21:07:30

I can highly recommend Paul Mitchell Shampoo Two, it's a clarifying shampoo so great for the greasies. I tried loads of different shampoos and it's the only one to really keep my hair clean.

chocolatespiders Tue 25-Sep-12 21:29:32

Thanks suz I will give that one a try also.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now