Talk

Advanced search

Cowboy boots and.... what?

(7 Posts)
ImGonnaEatYouLittleFishy Tue 25-Sep-12 07:08:51

I have some lovely Dune cowboy boots that I got at the beginning of this year. No tassles, snakeskin, diamonds or anything, just plain in a cowboy style. Whilst on maternity I wore them with jeans.
Now I'm back to work would it be a terrible thing to wear them with leggings, dresses, skirts etc?

CryptoFascist Tue 25-Sep-12 07:24:59

I would, sounds nice.

CryptoFascist Tue 25-Sep-12 07:25:26

Love the nn btw!

ithaka Tue 25-Sep-12 07:30:25

I would never wear cowboots with leggings, especially not into work. Actually, I would never wear leggings to work.

I would stick to wearing them with jeans for a casual look - cowboy jeans and a skirt could make you look like you were heading for a hoe down.

tethersend Tue 25-Sep-12 07:34:36

I wear mine with everything.

Except leggings.

ImGonnaEatYouLittleFishy Tue 25-Sep-12 08:17:18

Thanks CryptoFachist! I'm a big fan of Smeg and the Heads grin That sounds so wrong out of context.... Have you joined our Red Dwarf thread in chat?

Thanks everyone, so I think ok for dresses, no for leggings. Gotcha.

Clueless79 Tue 25-Sep-12 19:56:46

Just to be controversial...I've just bought a new pair of beautiful (plain) cowboy boots after completely wearing out my first pair over many years. I wear mine with jeans and with dresses and with dresses with long leggings tucked into them! As you would with a pair of thick tights. Seems to look ok to me and certainly looks less hoedown-ish! I only think leggings would be a no-no if there was a gap between boot top and legging bottom?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now