Talk

Advanced search

Can I do anything about my turkey neck?

(5 Posts)
mirry2 Tue 25-Sep-12 00:12:18

I've lost weight and my fairly firm double chin has now become wobbly and loose skinned like an old lady's turkey neck. Is there anything to be done? Am I looking at a surgical procedure? Or will it disappear as I lose more weight?

Vix07 Tue 25-Sep-12 00:18:47

mama mio boob tube rubbed all the way up. it's great!

mirry2 Tue 25-Sep-12 18:36:27

Thanks Vix07 I'll try it as a start.

ClaudiaCutie Wed 26-Sep-12 13:35:13

Mirry yes there are things you can do. (Well done on the weight loss too, that's brilliant). A good cosmetic doctor who is clever with botox can put injections in under the jawline and down the neck - this stops the 'pulling down' muscles working and allows the 'pulling up' muscles to be stronger. I had this done and there was about a 70% improvement for a few hundred pounds. Really pleased. Has to be re-done twice a year but worth it.

There is also Radio Frequency treatment to tighten and firm the skin. I paid £500 for three sessions. Worked really well on chin, and not at all on jowls sigh

Or try Thermage (choose your practitioner with care; it's expensive though, which is why I haven't done it). Finally there are surgical options, so there is actually quite a lot of choice and it's worth trying the cheaper less invasive things first. There is a cosmetic surgeon offering a new surgical treatment which is meant to be great (spoken of respectfully by other doctors but the treatment is quite a new method so worth watching and waiting for a year or two as well).

BTW I don't work in the industry but I have just had two longish conversations with two separate cosmetic doctors about this, so it's on my mind right now :-)

mirry2 Wed 26-Sep-12 18:06:16

I think I'll make an appointment for a free assessment at a sk:in clinic

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now