Talk

Advanced search

mid 40's - can i wear short boots with skirt/dress? recommendation?

(8 Posts)
BiggerAndBadder Mon 24-Sep-12 22:38:15

46 years. 5 foot 4. size 10. long body and short legs. medium boobs.
can i do the short boot and skirt thing or not?
anyone link of some outfit pictures ?
could do with seeing example of what SORT of outfit with what sort of boot as i am crap with ideas but can look good with help!

Bubblemoon Tue 25-Sep-12 10:51:22

Sounds like you have a great figure - go for it.

I'd wear opaque tights the colour of the boots as I think that would make my legs look longer and stop that "chopped off at the ankle look" which can make your legs looks shorter.

smellsabit Wed 26-Sep-12 00:13:03

any ideas with pictures!
for someone with lack of imagination!
help!

THETrills Wed 26-Sep-12 00:14:13

It's not about your age, it's about the fact that short boots don't look good.

If you have a figure (legs, mainly in this instance) that can wear things that don't look good in a my legs are so good I can even wear this kind of way, then go ahead.

smellsabit Wed 26-Sep-12 00:18:36

lol!
it would be ace to have that sort of figure!

ujjayi Wed 26-Sep-12 07:17:41

Yes you can wear that look. I am only 4 years younger than you but same figure and I wear ankle boots with opaques/leggings and skirts or dresses. I was even brave enough to wear tan ankle boots with a vintage 50s skirt without opaques and got lots of compliments.

Go for it! I am braving shorts over opaques with ankle boots today. Life is too short - if you love it or think you will then just do it. I will find some links later as those pesky kids need to get ready for school now.......

ujjayi Wed 26-Sep-12 07:19:14

Oh and confidence goes a long way so don't wear them in an apologetic, constantly checking myself over, kind of way.

lurkingfromhome Wed 26-Sep-12 08:07:04

Yep. Today I am wearing the navy pheasant print dress from Next (it's not too short), thick navy cable-knit tights and grey ankle boots. I'm 45 and don't feel remotely mutton.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now