Talk

Advanced search

Face scrub

(15 Posts)
thinkfast Mon 24-Sep-12 22:32:52

Please recommend me a face scrub. I have combination skin - oily and probe to spots in t zone, dry and flaky elsewhere and very congested/blocked pores and blackheads.

I use eve lom cleanser before bed but think I need something in the shower in the mornings too to help with the congestion. I used to use at Ives apricot scrub but they don't seem to sell it anywhere any more

kbjb Mon 24-Sep-12 22:34:25

St Ives is good and you can buy it from Boots or Superdrug.

Elemis skin buff is also very good. The scrub is much finer than St Ives so a small amount goes a long way.

I use the st. Ives one, you can get it in boots and SuperDrug and tesco?! Also recommend the Clinique 7 day scrub, but the st Ives one works just as well for a lot less £££.

thinkfast Mon 24-Sep-12 22:36:37

They don't have it in boots superdrug tesco waitrose or sainaburys near me angry

HoopDePoop Mon 24-Sep-12 22:41:33

Nutrogena Pink Grapefruit scrub. Does the job with salicylic acid and smells lush.

SomethingOnce Mon 24-Sep-12 22:43:56

REN Jojoba Microbead Purifying Facial Polish (for sensitive skin but great on my combination skin). Not cheap but pick up a sample and see if you like it. I find it lasts well if you don't splosh it about.

maisiebabe Mon 24-Sep-12 22:52:24

Micro cleanse by alpha h is really excellent as is their balancing moisturiser & liquid gold- if you buy it on qvc you've got a 30 day money back option if you don't like it. I use a lot of alpha h and it's changed my skin. ( am not a consultant, just a big fan!)

Has anyone used Paula's choice bha stuff? thought I could incorporate it to get of bloody stubborn blackheads...

libertychick Tue 25-Sep-12 00:34:36

I really rate the Body Shop Vitamin E scrub - it's about the only skin product I use year in, year out and always regret trying others. Lovely thick, creamy base and fine scrubby bits.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Tue 25-Sep-12 00:36:26

I've got a honey and orange one from Holland and Barrett - Dr Something - sorry its late blush

It is very nice.

JemimaPuddle Tue 25-Sep-12 06:44:46

Alpha h microcleanse is one of the best i've used. Also Alpha h smoothing & perfecting mask is excellent, it's expensive for a 100 ml but either use QVC so you can return it if you don't like it or you can buy it from eBay.

JemimaPuddle Tue 25-Sep-12 06:47:51

maisiebabe which other Alpha H products have you used? It's changed my skin too.
Sorry for the hijack OP

thinkfast Tue 25-Sep-12 20:10:49

No problem. Never heard of alpha h....

chocolatespiders Tue 25-Sep-12 20:16:24

St ives is the best... I bought 2 tubes in Superdrug last week - on offer smile

chocolatespiders Tue 25-Sep-12 20:19:36

www.superdrug.com/search?q=st+ives&searchsubmit=Search

Can be ordered online- worth stocking up while its halfprice

maisiebabe Tue 25-Sep-12 23:41:47

thinkfast google alpha h & qvc does starter kits. Really do recommend...
* jemima*, I've got loads, bathroom cabinet a veritable showrrom [ blush] and really like them, have the best skin now since... since... Ever really. Always buy the qvc TSV to try the new stuff out. The balancing moisturiser is great as is liquid gold, the clay mask and the other mask, can't remember its name. All £££ but does last ages. it's all Glycolic though and think I need salicylic to get rid of unbudgeable blackheads on nose & chin. Alpha h got rid of cystic spots on hideous jawline & neck spots- spots on neck! They were horrible.
Yes, OP, sorry to hijack!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now