Talk

Advanced search

Inaugural wear of my Merrell Wakefield!

(8 Posts)
georgie22 Mon 24-Sep-12 20:27:27

Used the awful weather today as the perfect excuse to wear my Wakefield which has been patiently waiting in the wardrobe during spring and very brief summer!! I'm not disappointed - it's great. Very warm but smart too. Think it may be getting lots of wear!

Liveinthepresent Mon 24-Sep-12 22:54:05

Ooh good! Am coveting and can't decide if would wear it lots or not.. Is it flattering (or just so comfortable and practical I wouldn't care?)

georgie22 Tue 25-Sep-12 00:34:21

Live - it is flattering compared to the usual waterproof coat. It's warm (mine is the insulated version) but it's not bulky. Great for everyday practical warmth. It's also good that there's no Velcro on it so I can happily wear scarves and not get them snagged. No negatives to it IMO!

snowrevolution Tue 25-Sep-12 03:39:11

Anyone know where i can get the non insulated version? Have only seen the insulated version online, but this will be too warm for where i live...

Jacksmania Tue 25-Sep-12 05:00:19

If you're looking for a non-insulated rain jacket, The North Face's Grace jacket or the Stella Grace are both gorgeous. I have the Grace jacket, the only difference I can see is that the material is a bit tougher/sturdier than the Stella Grace (the SG material is nicer IMO) and the Grace jacket has side entry pockets lined with handwarmer fleece. The SG has top entry pockets and they're not lined.

QuiteOldGal Tue 25-Sep-12 06:47:31

Yes, wore mine also. Got it when it was £76 in Sportsdirect (a Mumsnet buy from an email) in early Summer and it has been hanging patiently ever since. So glad I bought it when I did as they are much more expensive now.

I got the plum insulated one and I think it will be worn a lot. I dont usually have much luck with coats as I am tall with v long arms but this fits perfectly.

dingdong3 Tue 25-Sep-12 11:45:55

I have the insulated version and LOVE it - constantly feature it on my blog, including today where I've supplied some (hopefully) useful buying tips, for example, it's been renamed the Merrell Ellenwood for AW2012.
Merrell Wakefield/Ellenwood

Lozislovely Tue 25-Sep-12 15:52:55

Coveted this last year and just ordered the ellenwood today (sure DH will easily be convinced I've had it for ages wink).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now