Talk

Advanced search

Anyone tried Paula's Choice for blackheads?

(6 Posts)
berri Mon 24-Sep-12 19:50:00

Getting so peed off with my dotty nose.

Tried so many things now and nothing seems to work. The Paula's Choice website seems very positive but thought I'd see if anyone had had success with the products before I shell out yet more cash.

safetyzone Mon 24-Sep-12 19:55:33

Love Paula's Choice. Use their BHA liquid and cleanser for acne skin and my blackheads are much improved. The thing is I've not seen an effective BHA product anywhere else and only their cleanser cleans without stripping my skin.

QuinnFabray Mon 24-Sep-12 20:09:14

I didn't like the 2% BHA lotion, but think I should have probably got the gel version instead. May try again with that some time.

I have had success with La Roche Posay Effaclar atringent lotion and Effaclar Duo lotion, both which have salicylic acid (BHA) in too.

berri Tue 25-Sep-12 01:17:25

Might have a look into the La Roche Posay - I saw that recommended somewhere else today too.

The Paula's Choice website was out of stock of the blackhead treatment anyway.....do you think it's worth using treatments on their own and sticking to your usual cleanser and moisturiser? It's taken me ages to find a combination which doesn't give me spots - just the blackheads remain!

QuinnFabray Tue 25-Sep-12 07:02:16

If you've found a cleanser and moisturiser that work for you, then yes, I think it would be definately worth trying a treatment on it's own. There's nothing wrong with mixing brands if it works for you. Salicylic Acid is the only thing that's helped with my blackheads.

I also do a 10% SA peel once a week, from Bravura.

berri Wed 26-Sep-12 01:37:08

Thanks Quinn will see if I can find that & give it a go smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now