Talk

Advanced search

I look like the living dead

(6 Posts)
arthurfowlersallotment Mon 24-Sep-12 19:02:55

I had a makeover in bare minerals.

I later caught sight of myself in the mirror at M&S and I look like a chalky, giant pored corpse.

WTF is all the fuss about?

ChippyMinton Tue 25-Sep-12 16:10:11

Yikes. You didn't mention it was for a Halloween party by any chance?
I'm liking BB creams at the moment.

runamile Tue 25-Sep-12 16:33:59

Are you sure it's not the mirrors in marksies? I always get depressed when I shop there because I'm sure I look more horrendous than usual when I catch sight of my reflection.

arthurfowlersallotment Wed 26-Sep-12 23:23:39

Hmmm marksies does have shit lighting...

Eliza22 Thu 27-Sep-12 08:50:17

I did similar, recently. I wanted to embrace my paleness. Go all minimalist like Michelle Pffeifer in "Dangerous Liaisons".

I looked like I'd been dug up sitting in Dolland and Aitcheson trying on new frames for reading glasses. I binned the lot of it (Bobbi Brown) and returned to my Dr Hauschka Translucent Bronze Concentrate, double quick time. I now sport a very pink blusher over the top of it and just know that "natural" is not my thing!

I've tried bareMinerals. It made my skin itch and gave my skin the texture of parchment.

Northumberlandlass Thu 27-Sep-12 08:50:52

Everyone lookls shit with overly bright down lighting. The Ladies Loo in our office has the WORST lighting EVER. I look drained, grey and tired.....or.......fuck it - I'm blaming the lighting grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now