Talk

Advanced search

Warm waterproof for tall woman

(7 Posts)
issimma Mon 24-Sep-12 18:31:55

I'm 5'10 (and a half!).
I want a warm and waterproof coat that covers my bum, has a hood that stays up, and sleeves that are long enough.
Budget up to £100, but if you find a more expensive one, please link.
Am a SAHM so it's for park trips and walks, rather than work.
Ideally not black, and in a HoC summer colour!

DonaAna Mon 24-Sep-12 18:46:58

Might not be your cup of tea and over budget but my Danefae coats have extra long sleeves (and am 5'8") - they are designed for super tall Danish women. Quite a few friends have them too.

Milliways Mon 24-Sep-12 18:51:54

I got a great Gore-tex jacket from Tog24. Mine is black but they do other colours. (I am 5'10 and had same requirements). The Swindon Outlet Centre has an outlet store.

carrielou2007 Mon 24-Sep-12 19:10:19

Merrel Wakefield with jumper underneath or the insulated version o lg costs I have ever found with arms that are actually a bit too long so no horrible gap if chilly wrist before my gloves smile

issimma Mon 24-Sep-12 19:32:16

Thanks, am v tempted by the Wakefield, but can't decide whether to get insulated or not. Is the non-insulated one just like a mac or does it have any warmth too?
I hate feeling too bundled up!

carrielou2007 Mon 24-Sep-12 22:10:01

I've got both grin the normal one is not z warm cost but I get very hot walking and only wore a jumper u see if a few times. I have the Ava which is what the insulated one used to be called. When we had snow at Christmas two years ago if was likd outing an electric blanket on grin

I also have a Wakefield in black never worn as never quite slimmed down to a 10 so it sits in my cupboard mocking mf (pregnant so not a lot of hope!!)

Honestly THE most waterproof coats I have ever had grin

vigglewiggle Mon 24-Sep-12 22:15:36

I'm 5'8" and I've just bought this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now