Talk

Advanced search

Fat knees and tall boots

(3 Posts)
monsterchild Mon 24-Sep-12 18:22:40

I love wearing tall boots. I do have trouble finding tall boots that fit my big calves/fat knees. I say fat knees because they are as wide as the top of my calves. I don’t have that lovely narrow knee that so many women do. Anyway, that’s fine, I’m not overweight, but not skinny either. Too many years of soccer and ballet, apparently!
My question is more about how to minimize the appearance of these knees. I generally try to wear longer skirts, that at least reach the tops of the boots or longer, to hide the chub. But with shorter skirts (which are fun to wear!) I try to wear dark tights, again, to sleekify my knees. I do have lovely slim ankles, so that’s something! But I do not like how my knee chub kind of overwhelms the top of the boots.

Any other suggestions for this problem?

MerrilyWatkins Mon 24-Sep-12 19:37:11

But where do you find these longer skirts monsterchild? I too have fat knees and have actually managed to find a pair of boots which fit but I can't find a skirt to wear them with.

I watch this thread with interest!

monsterchild Mon 24-Sep-12 19:55:05

Actually, I have gotten most of mine at second hand shops! the trend right now seems not to be "ballet" length, which is what I need.

Also, many professional styles will fall just below the knee.

HTH!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now