Talk

Advanced search

JoJo Maman Bebe outlet store in Newport - Worth a visit?

(6 Posts)
LadyCatherinedeBourgh Mon 24-Sep-12 12:42:15

Hello. I'm new on MN and wondered if anyone had visited the JoJo outlet shop in Newport? I live about 90 mins away and was wondering if it was worth a visit. I on wow the clearance days have great value things but wondered more about normal times...

Ihopeyoudance Mon 24-Sep-12 14:50:14

I didn't think much of it tbh. Really small with very limited stock and not that great for discounts. It didn't have anything I thought I should buy when I was pregnant. I'd have been seriously pissed off if I'd travelled 90 mins!

Hopefully Mon 24-Sep-12 15:45:35

I wouldn't travel there from 90 mins away, but if you're going that way it's worth popping in. The stock varies a lot - my mum (who lives nearby) has popped in and been able to get loads of baby stuff and gifts, and I've bought some nice maternity wear there, but equally we've both been there when there's been virtually nothing.

Pinkpiglet Mon 24-Sep-12 16:42:32

It can be very hit or miss. I found it really useful for maternity wear. It's no use if you don't know if you're having a boy or a girl as all the clothes are very gender specific. I enjoy popping in about once a month but I'm only 15 mins away so it doesn't matter if I don't get anything.
The clearance days are good but manic. I imagine you need to be there early for the best bargains.
Maybe wait until you have a reason to be in the area rather than travelling all that way and risk there not being anything.

Boggler Mon 24-Sep-12 16:46:26

It's with a visit on clearance days, check website for details, when everything is reduced by a further 50%. But other than thati wouldn't make a special trip as it will cost you more in petrol than you're likely to save.

LadyCatherinedeBourgh Wed 26-Sep-12 20:44:39

Thanks everyone for the advice, I went anyway and combined it with a trip to Cribbs Causeway, I can imagine it is hit and miss but I struck lucky! Managed to kit out DD for autumn/winter for £40, bless her I did the classic thing of buying the next size up so she grows into it, am turning into my mother...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now