Talk

Advanced search

Land's End coat sizing help!

(26 Posts)
fridgepants Mon 24-Sep-12 12:27:28

Thinking about getting this but can't work out a) whether it would make my hourglass figure look peculiar - the Uniqlo ones don't have a belt, hence me looking at this one b) whether the reddish shade would be too orange c) whether at a 44" bust but generally wear a 40" in stretch fabrics and size up to an 18 (42") in non-stretch, whether the L would be too small on the bust, or do they run large?

Lottapianos Mon 24-Sep-12 12:32:51

fridgepants, that looks lovely. I bought a similar style last winter and I was a bit worried about the Michelin man look - I'm size 14 with 32H boobs. Very very happy with it though - the belt stops you looking 'puffy' and my coat is the warmest thing ever. I bought the M (14-16) size and it was perfect.

fridgepants Mon 24-Sep-12 12:33:42

I'm a 34GG, and a 16-18 at the moment though planning to lose weight - hence not sure about buying a bigger size when I'd like something this expensive to last me a good long time!

How waterproof is it?

Lottapianos Mon 24-Sep-12 12:49:44

Mine is not waterproof but haven't had any massive problems, even in heavy rain. Not the same style as yours though.

cerealqueen Mon 24-Sep-12 14:08:53

Nice coat! You could buy two sizes and try them on for size?

101handbags Mon 24-Sep-12 16:02:20

I was admiring this coat in the catalogue the other day - i guessed it would be this coat you were referring to before I even clicked on the link smile. Sadly I don't need a new down coat, but if I did I'd go for this one. Having bought down coats from Lands End in the past the sizing, in my experience, is pretty generous - so you may be ok with size L. If you buy two & send one back, they have a new courier service that collects from your house for something like £3 which is obviously much cheaper than using the post office (returns are never free). Oh and look for voucher codes on the internet before you order - there are usually some out there. I bought two plain merino jumpers with 25% off (I would give you the code but it expired on Sunday).

pigleychez Mon 24-Sep-12 16:54:43

The 25% off code has been extended till the end of today! Guess to get more people buying coats in the rain! smile

Ive just bought a new down coat. Cant wait for it to come and try it out.
Ive ordered a 14 and ordered the M-L (14-16) hope thats right! confused

slalomsuki Mon 24-Sep-12 19:06:22

I love my down coat. It's like wrapping myself in a duvet and staying warm. I am not sure however if they are truly waterproof and would have stood up to the downpour that we have had today.

I ordered a Squall coat today from them with the discount as the previous version I have is years old and well worn.

BonnyDay Mon 24-Sep-12 19:20:19

i am a busty 12 - the M is almost too big

ggirl Mon 24-Sep-12 19:25:55

I go onto the american lands end site to read the reviews about sizing..loads more reviews on there ...all their coats size up differently as far as I have read .

Tanyaaah Mon 24-Sep-12 20:12:48

Whats the code for 25% off?

Dollydowser Mon 24-Sep-12 21:15:40

I tried the code NL25PC but it had expired. Are there any more codes to try? smile

ggirl Mon 24-Sep-12 21:56:40

think it's been extended to midnight tonight

BiscuitNibbler Mon 24-Sep-12 22:03:21

Got an email today with the code EXT25PC. Valid until midnight.

mejon Mon 24-Sep-12 22:05:05

I've just used EXT25PC to get 25 p/c (ruddy percent key not working!) off. I've ordered 3 coats to try and will send 2 (or maybe all three) back. I've ordered the stadium squall coat too slalomski. I already have one but I bought it years ago when I was much larger so it looks ridiculous. Very warm though - took it to Lapland one year and I was very toasty in it.

Dollydowser Mon 24-Sep-12 22:21:19

EXT25PC not working for me! Argh!

BiscuitNibbler Mon 24-Sep-12 22:28:23

Have you got through to the checkout page yet? Mine (Friday, NL25PC code) didn't appear until I got through to the checkout page.

BiscuitNibbler Mon 24-Sep-12 22:29:41

I ordered the stadium squall coat, too, mejon. Wished I had it today when I was absolutely freezing in a stupid mac.

Dollydowser Mon 24-Sep-12 22:38:46

Yes it kept telling me it was either expired or not valid. It was their way of telling me I'd already spent too much (I ordered at the weekend). So I ordered on the iPad instead and it went through no problem, it didn't recognise me there grin Now all the family will have smart coats in bright colours!

BiscuitNibbler Mon 24-Sep-12 22:53:02

Glad you got it to work - very funny that it was trying to save you from yourself! grin

nobodysfool Tue 25-Sep-12 08:04:03

Any new codes around?

BiscuitNibbler Tue 25-Sep-12 10:32:05

£20 off coats and jackets over £80 today only - code 20COAT.

nobodysfool Wed 26-Sep-12 18:18:43

Thanks Biscuit.

slalomsuki Sat 29-Sep-12 17:42:02

Got my full length squall coat and am having doubts. In a quandary as to whether to return it, exchange it or keep it.

I went for a purple one and the colour looks great until its on and then it makes me look dumpy and barrel like. I don't know if it's just too long or longer than my other coats or I am just not used to it. There is no doubt it's warm and will do the job in the winter though.

Don't know what to do at the moment.

Dollydowser Sat 29-Sep-12 19:05:17

My diamond down coat is going back. Michelin Man is not a good look for me, I'd rather be cold.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now