Talk

Advanced search

Mascara - please point me in the right direction

(7 Posts)
Ample Mon 24-Sep-12 01:56:04

This is my first post in S&B so apolgies if this has been done to death.
I need some help with mascara - I have been looking around and realise that a lot of women still wear it blush I haven't worn any for years
I have a wedding coming up as well as a few formal evenings leading up to the festive season so I thought I would try wearing it again.
I really don't know where to start. Having used a lifetime of the stuff during my goth years, there now seems to be a overflow of varities and I am confused.

Brands, or not? Waterproof or not? Volume? Lengthen? Curl?
I don't mind purchasing one or two to try but can't afford to buy a dozen.
Please let me know what wonder sticks have worked for you?

justbogoffnow Mon 24-Sep-12 02:13:35

Tried LOADS over the years (including Dior, Lancôme, YSL, Clinique) and I've settled on two - Bourjois Coup de Theatre (about £10 from Superdrug) and Mally Mascara (only available via QVC or sometimes people sell theirs from a Mally Set on eBay), can't remember price but that's my favourite and the Bourjois comes close second.

Both create great length, definition without clumping and have great staying power.

TheBonkeyMollocks Mon 24-Sep-12 02:15:02

Anything by Maxfactor smile

Lottapianos Mon 24-Sep-12 12:03:45

I like No7 Fanomenal - about £11 I think. I wear it in brown/black for daytime. It separates your lashes out quite well and brightens up your eyes but doesn't look too dramatic.

SoleSource Mon 24-Sep-12 16:49:19

Rimmel sexy curves is the best ever!

Ample Mon 24-Sep-12 20:22:28

Oooh super, thanks! smile
I might look into the black/browns too

racingheart Mon 24-Sep-12 22:33:27

The Maybelline one in the bright yellow casing is great. Gives really long lashes and strong definition without clumping. Lasts all day, is waterproof but unlike all other waterproof mascaras, it doesn't flake off. Even stayed put in the swimming pool on holiday. Not expensive either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now