Talk

Advanced search

From China to EBay

(10 Posts)
EnglishNotMy1stLanguage Sun 23-Sep-12 23:01:47

Im just wondering if anyone here ever bought those clothes from china on eBay? Some of them look very good and price/postage is not bad...wondering if the items look like the same in real life as they look in the photos and if they are god value?

cerealqueen Mon 24-Sep-12 00:25:55

Be careful with sizing! Chinese women are very petite. I bought a silk jacket but got the size wrong. Be sure to look at measurements very carefully.

I bought a scarf too, lovely but took ages to arrive.

Not sure he they get stuff past customs either, mine were marked as gifts.

HTH.

EnglishNotMy1stLanguage Mon 24-Sep-12 11:32:26

Hi Cerealqueen, is the quality good? I like the scarves too are they nice and soft? Do they still look good after washing?

I bought a gorgeous silk shirt years ago but it was very small!! Even their large is tiny so just be careful. The quality was fine though.

EnglishNotMy1stLanguage Mon 24-Sep-12 11:39:10

huum very good to know about the sizing, because if I get it wrong I wont be bothered to send it back. I am normaly 8-10 depending on the brand, should I go for their large?

cerealqueen Mon 24-Sep-12 14:05:35

From what I have seen, most of the sellers will have detailed measurements as they know that sizing is an issue. (I was looking at getting a coat last winter and looked at quite a few china based sellers) They often don't go past a 12 so you should be ok. The scarf was a polycotton one and I haven't had to wash it yet but its lovely and soft. Ask about sizes if you are unsure.
Check their feedback too.

I didn't send the jacket back, it wasn't worth the hassle. It was beautiful though, a chinese silk one. I still have it. I should probably try and sell it!

Anything in particular you are keen on? (just being nosey now!)

EnglishNotMy1stLanguage Mon 24-Sep-12 14:09:16

Everything really specially scarves, their clothes seem very unusual. Why don't you sell your jacket on eBay?

babesdontlie Mon 24-Sep-12 14:13:32

I bought a gorgeous silk embroidered jacket, I'm a 12 and jacket size is XXL (!) (a woman stopped me in the theatre and asked where I got it from)
I buy quite a lot of craft stuff from china, never had a problem, delivery sometimes takes ten days sometimes takes up to five weeks.

EnglishNotMy1stLanguage Mon 24-Sep-12 14:40:09

I will be diving on china's ebay pages from now on...specially when MN is boring.

cerealqueen Mon 24-Sep-12 14:47:04

I could, I know I should, its just so lovely.... I'd probably not get much for it though. I am a 12 and over estimated how small the clothes come up and got a xxxl! I keep thinking my sewing skills are up to the task of altering it.

I order a lot of craft stuff from china too and you have to be laid back about the delivery times.

Forgot I bought a proper pashmina too, about a £15. Thought it would be like a cheap market scarf but its so thick, really warm, good quality!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now