Talk

Advanced search

I need a new winter coat but am one-two sizes bigger and breastfeeding

(6 Posts)
used2bthin Sun 23-Sep-12 18:24:56

I would like a warm winter coat and have birthday money so would like something that will really do the job and look nice.

I'm wondering if I should get one in a 14 which would be tight ish or fit now and then be too big when I get back to normal weight (dd2 is 3 months old)but then I could still wear it with big jumpers under?
Or something else that would keep me warm? Or cheap thing now, nice one later? WWYD?

used2bthin Sun 23-Sep-12 18:28:38

Any links to nice coats appreciated too! I quite like this uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/mon_1,mon_1.5/2930160151 or will that make me look really frumpy with my boobs being so big atm?

Mumelie Sun 23-Sep-12 18:59:12

Having been there, I would buy cheap in your size now. save your money for when you are back to your normal size. Also don't buy smaller now in case it takes longer than you would like (I didn't start to deliberately lose baby weight until my DD was about 7 months).
tk Maxx?

Dollydowser Sun 23-Sep-12 19:22:28

Land's End have 25% off until tonight, if you go to their outlet page too you are sure to pick up a bargain. The code is on another thread, sorry don't have it to hand.

Dollydowser Sun 23-Sep-12 19:24:19

Code is NL25PC.

used2bthin Sun 23-Sep-12 19:38:49

Thank you dollydowser , will have a look that does sound a bargain.

mummlie you are right , I'm sure. I bought bigger stuff last time which I then couldnt wear a few months later as my shoulders are usually narrower than this so the shoulders would hang at the sides if that makes sense. I feel I want something nice now though as I look rubbish generally. I like the TK maxx one but think it would make me look bigger sadly, thanks though. Must pop into TK maxx this wee, am also after boots and they often have them there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now