Talk

Advanced search

I'm looking for a nice "going out" top.

(7 Posts)
TaffyandTeenyTaffy Sun 23-Sep-12 17:47:16

I have several nights out coming up with a few different groups of people - after work drinks, a birthday party and a girls night - before the usual round of Christmas dos. I am looking for something that I could wear with the black trousers/jeans/leggings I already have.

I am 40, 5'4" and size 16-18 (big boobs/tummy).

I quite fancy a tunic style (generally prefer long/floaty rather than short/ fitted!) Usually wear a lot of black - but dont mind a bit of colour/glitz/animal print.

Traipsed the shops today but nothing jumped out at me. Anyone fancy trying to find me something/inspire me? Budget up to about £50.

kekouan Sun 23-Sep-12 17:48:54

I'm drawing a blank too - all the round/wide neck tops look crap on me and just can't find anything I like, so shamelessly jumping on your thread grin

Clure Sun 23-Sep-12 19:22:01

warehouse have some nice tops
black floaty
feather print
lace T
leapard

racingheart Sun 23-Sep-12 19:41:37

stone colour with sequins
floaty and black

racingheart Sun 23-Sep-12 19:44:02

That first link went wrong. blush Not really suggesting you sling a glass lamp round your midriff, though I'm sure it would break the ice at parties.

This is what I meant. Duh!

lurkingaround Sun 23-Sep-12 21:00:29

grin racingheart. Yes I agree, slinging that lamp around your midriff would absolutely break the ice. grin

TaffyandTeenyTaffy Mon 24-Sep-12 07:28:24

Thanks Racing heart - I didnt look in Warehouse as it was raining and meant going out of the centre - but there are some nice tops which I will check out. I really like the new look one - bargain price too!

I do quite like the lamp wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now