Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone seen this Cos coat in the flesh?

(17 Posts)
SpicyPear Sun 23-Sep-12 14:00:30

Hooded wool coat.

It doesn't look much on their awful website, but it ticks a few boxes for practicality (inside pocket, cuffs, zip, hood, okayish wool content) and I usually like their look. I can't get to a store any time soon to look at it so wondered if anyone had seen it in real life? Is it any good or as dull as it looks online?

SpicyPear Mon 24-Sep-12 11:40:19

Shameless little bump before I order unseen.

noddyholder Mon 24-Sep-12 11:41:42

Yes I have and it is lovely They also have an even shorter one which I was really tempted by!

lurkingaround Mon 24-Sep-12 11:51:43

The description 'crisp wool' is a bit off-putting. It sounds hard and scratchy.

Do you remember is it 'crisp' irl noddy?

Iwannamovenow Mon 24-Sep-12 11:53:07

I like the look of that coat, but am nowhere near a cos shop.

So get it ordered please and let me know what it's like grin

HoopDePoop Mon 24-Sep-12 12:29:24

Ohh it's lovely. Only thing that might put me off it is the '7/8' sleeves. Stylish but not v practical. Maybe the jersey cuff bit comes full length though?

Last year Cos did leather mittens, which would look fab with this coat.

SpicyPear Mon 24-Sep-12 12:37:35

Thanks guys. I've ordered it on Noddy's recommendation and will report back.

I really wish they would sort the photos on their website out. A couple of it on an actual person would be helpful. And why, on the odd occasion when they do put them on a model, do they make them pose all stiff, frowny and miserable?

SpicyPear Mon 24-Sep-12 12:43:01

X posts Hoop. 50/50 glad and sad that I checked out before I saw those lovely mittens.

Must. Stop. Buying. Now.

noddyholder Mon 24-Sep-12 12:58:49

It is smooth I think but not stiff looking.

noddyholder Mon 24-Sep-12 12:59:23

Oh god I will get the blame grin I think you'll like it though its very nice

noddyholder Mon 24-Sep-12 13:00:09

Hoop I have the mittens only wore twice as not cold enough last year I am praying for cold as they are the softest loveliest gloves I have ever had

Iwannamovenow Mon 24-Sep-12 14:08:06

Oh god... I want the mittens now...

Does anyone else think their sizing is a bit daft?

I ordered a size large tshirt, which is too small.
A gorgeous grey cardi in a large, which is huge.
And a black drapey top in a large, which is huge.

justasecond Mon 24-Sep-12 14:26:44

Yes their sizing is very odd, like Zara in that respect. I went yesterday and some smalls were tiny and others huge. Makes online ordering v difficult.

SpicyPear Fri 28-Sep-12 18:15:18

My coat just arrived and I LOVE it. It's absolutely spot on. Was worried about sizing as I'm different top and bottom but went for the larger size to accommodate jumpers and it hangs beautifully, without looking bulky. They really do need to sort out their website - it doesn't do it justice.

Thank you noddy!

HoopDePoop Fri 28-Sep-12 20:27:55

Glad you love it, wish I could justify it as it's gorgeous, I've been wanting a black hooded winter coat forever.

Are the sleeves 7/8 length as it says? (And did you succumb and get the leather mittens? wink )

justasecond Fri 28-Sep-12 20:33:48

I do love Cos, just wish the website was a bit better as my nearest store is 1 hour away. Also the delivety charge is too much imo £6!!

SpicyPear Sat 29-Sep-12 11:12:41

Hoop, on me the cuffs make the sleeves full length, but I am a size(ish) smaller on my top half and went for the bigger size. If I'd sized down they would have been shorter I think and it would have been, ahem, "snug" on my voluminous derrière when zipped. I didn't get the mittens but they've gone on the Christmas list I'm making for DH grin.

justasecond I don't mind £6 for a coat or several items but it does put me buying, say, a top. I'm quite near a shop but it's not somewhere I have any other reason to go to or past so when I'm busy I can't justify a trip there IYSWIM. If you need to return stuff it's really slow and confusing because they do a euro conversion. Maybe we should be lobbying them for a better website/more stores...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now