Talk

Advanced search

Do you think this is ok for a wedding?

(27 Posts)
nappyaddict Sun 23-Sep-12 11:00:30

link here

MadStaringEyes Sun 23-Sep-12 11:05:20

I think it depends on how booby you are. It would look obsene on my huge norks, but would probably be fine on a much smaller bust.

I don't like black, but with coloured accesories it could work.

MadStaringEyes Sun 23-Sep-12 11:05:48

I think it depends on how booby you are. It would look obsene on my huge norks, but would probably be fine on a much smaller bust.

I don't like black, but with coloured accesories it could work.

Bunbaker Sun 23-Sep-12 11:07:22

That is an utterly gorgeous dress. I don't have enough boobage to look good in it, but I love the dress.

I think it would need to be accessorised with a really colourful wrap and accessories so it doesn't look too funereal though.

nappyaddict Sun 23-Sep-12 11:09:03

Would it be ok with gold shoes and hold wrap/cardigan?

Mollydoggerson Sun 23-Sep-12 11:10:36

Size 12 or less yes, over and above, could be too booby/voluptous for a church wedding.

You'll need a cape/fur over it for the day time.

Have to say I don't really like it, it seems a bit too obvious/hour glassy, and will draw attention for it's sexuality rather than for it's elegance.

ginmakesitallok Sun 23-Sep-12 11:12:15

It what world could that dress possibly be funereal??? I don't like it at all sorry - just looks cheap and trampy to me.

scubastevie Sun 23-Sep-12 11:16:21

Not keen on black or maxi dresses for weddings. I assume you mean for the day? I just think people should make an effort to have a proper 'cocktaily' dress with a hat or fascinator. But that is just my opinion smile

nappyaddict Sun 23-Sep-12 11:25:24

I thought maxi dresses were the obvious choice for an autumn/winter weddings so you dont get cold legs!! It seems to be what most people wear?

I've seen (and once even worn) maxi dresses at weddings, but they tend to be floatier/softer styles which are more daytime. I think that one looks like too much of a clingy evening wear dress for a wedding.

GoldPlatedNineDoors Sun 23-Sep-12 11:38:07

I am yet to find a Jane Norman item that doesnt feel horrible and cheap to touch. Drothy perkins have some nice dresses in.

Bunbaker Sun 23-Sep-12 11:39:48

"It what world could that dress possibly be funereal???"

Because of the colour, not the style.

ENormaSnob Sun 23-Sep-12 11:48:03

Sorry op but I really dislike it.

It looks cheap and trashy imho.

hugoagogo Sun 23-Sep-12 11:48:47

Not for a wedding imo

piprabbit Sun 23-Sep-12 11:50:05

I think that is a lovely dress - but it looks too much like evening wear to be quite right for a daytime wedding.

There are lots of other maxi dresses in the Jane Norman sale that would be better for a wedding - I quite like the black, pleaty one with the floral print.

Viviennemary Sun 23-Sep-12 11:57:19

Don't much like the dress I have to say but that's a matter of individual taste. But I don't think it is at all suitable for a wedding. Not black for a wedding!

Viviennemary Sun 23-Sep-12 11:59:08

Somebody said Debenhams was very good for suitable wedding type outfits.

Partypartyrings Sun 23-Sep-12 12:01:59

ooh no. Not good for a wedding- like someone said, it's too vampy.

I always think you need something slightly sweet and English-y for a wedding. It's not about being the most attractive one there, it's about wearing something that you, the flower girls and granny will 1. like and 2. not be offended by. (That's always my rule of thumb).

If you go to a wedding dressed like a vamp people will think you have some kind of axe to grind!

Partypartyrings Sun 23-Sep-12 12:19:55

If you like the concept of a black maxi dress I think this would be better with the accessories mentioned upthread- less nork-y black maxi

Or these are nice too:

dress 1

dress 2

dress 3

FelicitywasSarca Sun 23-Sep-12 12:21:53

Not a bad dress but not one for a wedding. Too 'evening', too black, wrong style.

LadyClariceCannockMonty Sun 23-Sep-12 12:24:56

Looks a bit Gothy to me, sorry.

Maxidresses are fine, and so is black, but not black and clingy. How about a looser one in silk, and some fake fur? If the dress was more daytime in style black would be fine.

mirpuppet Sun 23-Sep-12 12:25:04

Depends on time and location of wedding.

nappyaddict Mon 24-Sep-12 13:05:53

It's in a manor home type place in October and I think the ceremony is 1ish.

MrClaypole Mon 24-Sep-12 13:15:18

Nice dress but defiiately not for a wedding.

Too clingy/booby/black/sexy/eveningy.

Sorry!

BunnyLebowski Mon 24-Sep-12 13:27:36

Nope. No way. Far too tacky/slutty for a wedding.

You're supposed to look demure/pretty/classic at a wedding.

Not like a goth pageant queen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now