Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Pepperberry - has anyone bought from them?

(13 Posts)
Selky Sun 23-Sep-12 09:26:35

What is the quality like? Do they wash well? The dress I would like would be for work so it will have to take regular wear.

Many thanks

I've found their stuff pretty good - I don't tend to buy the more casual items but I have a few shirts, a couple of jackets and a couple of dresses and all have washed and worn pretty well.

partystress Sun 23-Sep-12 09:31:06

Cant't comment on washing as mine is DC, but quality absolutely fine and great fit.

SloeFarSloeGood Sun 23-Sep-12 09:32:19

Their stuff is ok but they are too fond of polyester.

Eggrules Sun 23-Sep-12 09:42:37

They DO love polysester; I have had:
couple of dresses - dry clean fine.
jersey top - washes fab.

The fit is great for me. Are you by a Bravissimo shop so you can have a try on?

Selky Sun 23-Sep-12 09:53:33

Ah, are they part of Bravissimo? I probably can make a trip and try on then. Thanks

They are, they have started opening stand alone stores so whether there will be stock in your local bravissimo depends if there is a PB nearby.

EvilTwins Sun 23-Sep-12 10:03:52

I got a machine washable dress for work and it's been disappointing. Lovely design, fits beautifully and has some funky detailing but I can't wear it any more because it's gone bobbly. angry

Hopeforever Sun 23-Sep-12 10:04:17

Quality is not as good as Phase Eight but the fit is better.

My jeans lost ther button quite quickly but wash well. The dresses give me a great shape

higgle Sun 23-Sep-12 11:33:51

They are designed for the large bosomed, which I am not, but i have a couple of their dresses in the least curvy cut as I have found that although they have nice "v" and wrap necklines the modesty of the cut means you can wear them to work without worrying about showing too much. I'm not too keen on cleavage in the office, especially as some of my colleagues feel that acres of crepeiness uis quite acceptable.

Eggrules Sun 23-Sep-12 11:58:48

I think the fit is great.

I have a lovely grey dress that was recommended here. I would not have bought it if I saw it on a hanger. The material is thick polyester but the fit and drape are lovely. I agree with higgle. As the neckline is modest I will be able to relegate it for work.

I also like Minute which have concessions in House Of Fraser. This dress gets loads of complements. I think you really need to try on to see what suits your shape. This range looked a bit old but I really like some of the dresses and work wear.

Selky Mon 24-Sep-12 16:53:32

Well, I went and tried some stuff on today, and have a dress on order. Didn't have the size in the shop. I wouldn't have got the right size just ordering, so just as well.

Thanks all.

slalomsuki Mon 24-Sep-12 19:08:18

I agree with the jeans losing their button comment. That's exactly what happened to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now