Talk

Advanced search

Bloody Boden :-(

(12 Posts)
Meggles76 Sun 23-Sep-12 05:49:40

Firstly, Johnnie appears to have fallen out of love with me. I have not had a decent discount code from him for ages :-( Can anyone share with me a 15% off type code? Thank you so much.

My other gripe is how much is sold out already in small sizes! It's not even October yet! I wanted a yellow dress in a petite size 6 and a nice chunky open front cardigan in a 6. I don't think it helps that the clothes seem to be cut so large this year. I have already returned a couple of tops in size 8 that were like tents. Does anybody know if they restock items that are sold out this early on?

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 23-Sep-12 08:30:41

Phone them up meggles - I've done this before and they've magically found stuff. I also wanted to order something from the preview but was past the 20% off period but I emailed them and they sent me a special one off code.

TKNS was working for 15%.

trixymalixy Sun 23-Sep-12 09:08:15

Yes ring them up. They mucked up my order and the dress had gone out of stock but they magicked one up with next day delivery.

googietheegg Sun 23-Sep-12 09:32:23

Boden is shit!!! Just did my first order with them - it never showed up so they sent a replacement but one thing was a different colour and the breton tops were sooooo awful! terrible cut, terrible quality, just very, very odd indeed.

googietheegg Sun 23-Sep-12 09:33:17

And the fucking hold message!!! "johnnie boden here" what a plum!!!

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Sun 23-Sep-12 09:35:47

The stock level issue is a joke, i know it has been mentioned lots of their FB page. They always say they are working on it ect ect

I don't think they have any idea of the amount of people who just think, oh sod it i'll go and spend my money else where rather than waiting for 13 weeks for a bloody cardigan.

But try ringing as others have said.

With the adult quality getting worse imo and their prices getting higher, even with a discount i think Johnnie thinks we're all a bit stupid and won't go elsewhere.

Meggles76 Sun 23-Sep-12 09:42:13

Thank you for code. I will give them a ring and fingers crossed they might be able to help. September just seems a bit soon to me for autumn / winter stock to be sold out!
Agree about the bretons. No good at all for me this year.

purplehouse Sun 23-Sep-12 09:46:39

I would have thought that they don't have much size 6 stock to start with.

I have the opposite problem with shoes - size 8.5/9 and I have to buy as soon as new season stuff comes in some shops to get the size as they won't ever have much of it as it's not a popular size!

Also, as there is a preview for boden, lots of people will be buying stuff then so I would buy a bot earlier in future.

Meggles76 Sun 23-Sep-12 14:50:11

I just hate buying winter stuff in bloody June!! But yes, you're right about them stocking only a few of the more obscure sizes. May try the 8 if all else fails.

Meggles76 Sun 23-Sep-12 18:19:37

Thank you for suggestion to call. As always, very helpful. They are going to see if they have one come back in. Also told me to keep trying website as they update. In the meantime, I have ordered the dress in pink which is on a 7 week delay. Should a yellow one turn up, I can cancel. Although, starting to think that pink could work just as well for me. I own quite a few teal items - scarves, cardigan, shoe boots - and they could work well with pink.

MadameCastafiore Sun 23-Sep-12 18:22:15

I only buy baggies from there as I think most of their stuff is just crap quality now. Poor mr johnnie got greedy me thinks.

theoriginalandbestrookie Sun 23-Sep-12 19:21:11

They have a sale starting tomorrow apparently with up to 40% off on the auld shite they have been trying to palm off for ages

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now