Talk

Advanced search

Wellington Boots

(13 Posts)
rosalux Sat 22-Sep-12 21:15:50

Any recommendations for attractive, comfy and water tight wellies; preferably at a reasonable price (ie not £60!)

SloeFarSloeGood Sat 22-Sep-12 23:04:23

You get what you pay for with wellies.

ExitPursuedByABear Sat 22-Sep-12 23:09:49

DO NOT BUY HUNTERS.

THEY LEAK.

ohforfoxsake Sat 22-Sep-12 23:12:02

Joules are meant to be good.

morethanyoubargainfor Sat 22-Sep-12 23:15:01

I love aigle boots, they cost a lot more than £60 however but I wear them everyday, walk miles and happily wear them 8 hours+

It's true you get what you pay for with Welles.

nipersvest Sat 22-Sep-12 23:20:04

i love my joules wellies, they were £30 ish.

SloeFarSloeGood Sat 22-Sep-12 23:33:49

My Hunters don't leak, just starting my fourth winter with them.

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Sun 23-Sep-12 00:06:27

My Hunters leaked after a couple of years wear when they split everywhere. Wellies are pot luck really. I had a cheap pair of Aigles before them that lasted about four years. They're only rubber, they will perish eventually.

Floralnomad Sun 23-Sep-12 00:16:45

I've never had a problem with Hunters and they fit really well. Cheap wellies are a false economy , as are the mid priced ones that state they are for fashion wear only ! What's that all about!

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Mon 24-Sep-12 22:41:39

Mums on school runs I expect. Never been near a puddle and nor has their chelsea tractor. Or fashion victims.

BikeRunSki Mon 24-Sep-12 22:48:11

My Hunter look a likes from the garden centre are still going on after 4 years of frequent use (not every day, but several times a week).

These are they. Can't get my legs in Hunters.

AchingMum Mon 24-Sep-12 22:56:55

I have plain navy blue Town & Country wellies, they are a classic style and look great with jeans. Much cheaper than hunters and much, much better quality than the 'fashion' wellies that have strawberries or whatever all over them.
I can wear them all day and they are really comfortable. These are them here but I think they were about £35 at my local garden centre.

AchingMum Mon 24-Sep-12 22:58:15

BikeRunSki Only just clicked your , great minds think alike!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now