Talk

Advanced search

Warm winter coat for toddler DD?

(11 Posts)
ummunono Sat 22-Sep-12 17:10:03

Please help! I need a new coat to get my 2 yo DD through the winter, I have had a look online but can't seem to find anything inspiring. Basically I'm looking for something warm (possibly fleece lined), preferably not pink, under £30.
I saw a little girl with a beautiful anorak that had some kind of blue and white geometrical pattern on with red fleece lining, which I loved but I have no idea where to get it from.
Any suggestions welcome!

accessorizequeen Sat 22-Sep-12 17:34:55

That sounds like a Boden coat. I think there is 25% off them right now. They don't seem super warm to me but I'm in Yorkshire and my dc get cold! Lots of positive feedback on them on Mn. Or Jojomaman do fleecy coats which are fab and surprisingly toasty. Not pink.

skandi1 Sat 22-Sep-12 17:42:26

Have a look at selection from polarn o pyret. Not all pink but warm and waterproof and padded. Over £30 but MNers get a 15% discount and there is free shipping this weekend.
polarnopyret.co.uk/child-coats-jackets

Try Boden or Petit Bateau (but £££££!!).

I looked at gap yesterday for DD who is 3 but is was fairly pink. Am ordering one from Polarn instead.

Whenisitmysleepytime Sat 22-Sep-12 19:18:10

I've ordered both my dc some from h&m. They're the £29.99 waterproof, breathable ski jacket type ones. They're v practical and came highly recommended from people on here. Ds has a mid blue, dd has purple. They also did pink, orange, line green and brown I think.
There's plenty of discount codes about too so I saved a fair bit too. smile

MrsRogerSterling Sat 22-Sep-12 19:31:44

Boden has 25% off the fleece lined anorak at the moment. Dd1 has had these coats twice and they have worn and washed so well and are snuggly and warm also. I thinknwith the discount they are coming up at £26 ish and there is a lovely blue and white striped one this year.

Pinner35 Sat 22-Sep-12 19:33:55

I bought dd a gorgeous fleece lined purple coat....it lasted her two winters and now dd2 is wearing it. It cost £6 from Primark so it may be worth a look there.

issimma Sat 22-Sep-12 19:35:49

DD has a Muddy Puddles all-in-one. Waterproof and lined with fleece. Should also keep her bottom and legs dry on trips to the park. £12 in the sale <whoops>.

She also has a fleece-lined waterproof (Oscar and Lily) from TK Maxx and a Peacocks pink and grey tweed, longer wool (effect) coat. These were bought last year and were too big (but ok as she was in the pram) - just starting to fit now grin.

TheHappyCamper Sat 22-Sep-12 19:38:34

I got dd this last year and it has been excellent. She will be wearing it again this year.

How about this from this year's range? It's only £24.

fuckwittery Sat 22-Sep-12 19:40:55

I'm going to get my girls Hatley coats this year, love them
purple winter birds

Last year toddler DD had a very warm coat from John Lewis - good price too blue spotty

MousyMouse Sat 22-Sep-12 19:56:44

decathlon (they only start from 4y size but come up small)

mrscumberbatch Sat 22-Sep-12 21:43:33

joules navy

I have this joules coat for dd this year. It's lovely and cosy and fleecy inside

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now