Talk

Advanced search

40th birthday

(13 Posts)
relaxingathome Fri 21-Sep-12 21:02:10

I am having my 40th in a local pub, with a band, food and friends, not a fancy thing.
I have decided I want to be comfy( I know) so I have chosen some berry coloured skinnies and glitzy heels( look like the kids have been at them with the glitter pot) but no Idea what to wear on top.
I Have a tendancy to end up in a vest top with jacket over, but would like something a bit different, but not out of my comfort zone.
Any ideas?

suebfg Fri 21-Sep-12 21:03:35

I have some berry skinnies and glitzy heels and I pair with a cream blouse and a jersey black blazer

relaxingathome Fri 21-Sep-12 21:05:38

shoes

relaxingathome Fri 21-Sep-12 21:07:58

Thanks for the reply Sue, I think I feel I want to be more dressy than normal iyswim but am not sure if being comfy is more important.
I would hate others to be more put together than me, but at the same tme, I dont want to feel awkward in my clothes.

suebfg Fri 21-Sep-12 21:11:31

Ha ha ... our fashion sense must be quite similar as my heels are very similar to those you've linked to. I think a silky cream blouse would look perfect - I had a few compliments when I wore my outfit combo.

I think if you had a nice berry coloured or gold coloured clutch, you'd look really nice and pulled together IYSWIM

relaxingathome Fri 21-Sep-12 21:14:16

ok off to shop....

ruby22 Fri 21-Sep-12 21:34:33

Just been looking for something to wear with berry/aubergine colour skinnies to someone else's 40th!
I quite like the look of this in the cream, but it is polyester so also liking this silk one as looks like it would feel nicer. Will let you know what else I find!

suebfg Fri 21-Sep-12 21:36:30

When I received the Great Plains brochure this month, that had berry skinnies in and some ideas of what to match them with. Perhaps look at their website for ideas

relaxingathome Fri 21-Sep-12 21:46:52

love the silk one ruby, your not coming to my 40th are you??grin

ruby22 Fri 21-Sep-12 22:04:11

don't think so, guess we'll find out if we're dressed the same grin

ruby22 Fri 21-Sep-12 22:07:33

just in case tht scared you, no am going to a lunchtime event. Much internet trawling this evening has made me realise that I need something in cream silk as the niceness of the fabric will offset the casualness of the jeans. May order the Cos silk top but it's not quite right. Plus I think it's overpriced. Let me know if you come across anyhting meeting my very vague description!

relaxingathome Fri 21-Sep-12 22:09:41

Will let you know if I find anything.
I agree I like the offsetting idea, I feel I should make a bit of a effort smile

ruby22 Fri 21-Sep-12 22:15:16

not silk and a bit too peplum-y but might look quite nice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now