Talk

Advanced search

Bra measuring

(9 Posts)
Sunnytimescoming Fri 21-Sep-12 20:28:21

did I see something on here recently about not adding on the extra 2 inches to the band measurement?

So if I measure up at 36 I should try on a 36 but with a bigger cup size?

This could be an epiphany - I have never been comfortable with the 38s

SuperB0F Fri 21-Sep-12 20:30:26

It used to be four inches, not two, I believe, but yes, your band size should be the same measurement as your ribcage. And many women wear too small a cup, so I would give it a go, yes.

Or give up and buy an Ah Bra grin

SorrelForbes Fri 21-Sep-12 20:30:53

Yep, that's correct! Pop over to this thread and read all about it. Happy bra fitting grin.

SorrelForbes Fri 21-Sep-12 20:33:25

Basically, measure underneath (tight) to get your band size. Then measure (loosely) across the fullest part of your bust (whilst wearing your best fitting bra). The difference between the two measurements will give you your cup size (1" = A, 2" = B etc). However, this is only a starting point. Your size will differ between brands and styles.

Sunnytimescoming Fri 21-Sep-12 20:39:00

thanks

Tomorrow I seek comfort!

SorrelForbes Fri 21-Sep-12 20:44:35

Oh, remember to scoop wink

ellangirl Fri 21-Sep-12 20:45:07

Tis not really an accurate way to measure bras at all. Perhaps try looking at online fitting guides like this to get a good idea of whether a bra fits or not here

SorrelForbes Fri 21-Sep-12 20:48:49

Oh absolutely, but measuring this way does give you a rough size to start with and really shows how inaccurate M&S etc are grin

ellangirl Fri 21-Sep-12 20:50:34

Completely agree on M&S being useless!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now