Talk

Advanced search

Come and help me find some reasonably cheap every day dresses.

(16 Posts)
SirGOLDBoobs Fri 21-Sep-12 20:05:26

I can't wear trousers because I have PCOS and the pressure on my abdomen is unbearable. So I live in dresses, leggings and dolly shoes. The novelty of this wears off pretty quickly.

I'm a size 14, and pretty curvy. I'm also rather short grin

I currently have seven dresses. Six of those are duos of the same style blush I'm bloody bored of them!!! And two or three are looking slightly worse for wear too.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Tuttutitlookslikerain Fri 21-Sep-12 20:10:55

I've got this in both the striped colours and the wine. It is stretchy and comfy. I have been wearing them with leggings, and a cardigan. I sometimes put a belt on but they look fine without, too. I am 5ft 4 and they come to just above my knee.

piratecat Fri 21-Sep-12 20:11:21

i will have look, as you sound similar shape and height to me, and i would love to start wearing a few dresses. but maybe someone else can go first asi have no clue really. i live in tight vest tops with jeans, or leggings and long tops/ shrug things. and biker boots.

piratecat Fri 21-Sep-12 20:13:56

i like the stripe one, i would love something like that but lower cut on the boobs. have also fancied one of those clingy but supportive dresses that i would dress down not a clue where to look.

Tuttutitlookslikerain Fri 21-Sep-12 20:25:21

this looks like it could be comfortable, and dressed up or down.

BunnyLebowski Fri 21-Sep-12 20:28:41

I've just bought a gorgeous pink/floral tea dress from Tesco. Can't do links on my phone but it's easy to find on their site. Only 16 of your english pounds.

Tea dresses are your friend. I'm the same height/shape as you and I live in them smile

Tuttutitlookslikerain Fri 21-Sep-12 20:39:35

Asda

Knitted.

Tesco tea dress, maybe the one Bunny bought!

Tuttutitlookslikerain Fri 21-Sep-12 20:41:23

Actually, Looking at Tesco they have got some lovely dresses. Lots of different shapes and styles and if you spend £40 you get £5 off!

suebfg Fri 21-Sep-12 20:42:15

Boden tend to do nice floral day dresses.

M&S seem to have quite a few jersey day dresses on their website

SirGOLDBoobs Fri 21-Sep-12 21:11:07

Thanks all, keep them coming grin

Have never had any clothes from Tescos before, but liking some of those. What are their sizings like?

LittlePandaBear Fri 21-Sep-12 21:12:47

TutTut - the one you linked to is a maternity dress, look at the other pics of it. That's why it look comfortable grin.

Tuttutitlookslikerain Fri 21-Sep-12 21:28:17

So it is LittlePanda, room to eat lots of dinner in that one thengrin

Tuttutitlookslikerain Fri 21-Sep-12 21:30:27

I find Tesco on the smaller size if anything, SirGold. I wear size 10 dresses from Dorothy Perkins, New Look, M&S, Next etc, but I usually buy a 12 from Tesco otherwise I find them tight on the bust.

BunnyLebowski Fri 21-Sep-12 21:44:55

That's not my dress! It's paler pink with a collar and wee buttons smile

Damn unlinky phone angry

SirGOLDBoobs Fri 21-Sep-12 21:48:22

I was only slightly insulted by that one Tuttut! grin

Smaller... Ah the bastards buggers. Do hate having to get a size bigger... wink

Tuttutitlookslikerain Fri 21-Sep-12 21:57:37

Is it this one Bunny?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now