Talk

Advanced search

help with these skirts please

(15 Posts)
StrangeGlue Fri 21-Sep-12 17:40:56

Hello stylish and beautiful people! I've got four skirts which I currently don't have tops to go with. I've uploaded pictures of them to my profile and I was hoping you could either tell me what to put with them or break it to me if they should be heading to the bin.

I thought that at least the checked one and the blue one would be suitable for work (office environment formal-ish).

Any words of wisdom gratefully received!

FauxFox Fri 21-Sep-12 17:41:42

Your profile is not public yet - you need to change the settings smile

StrangeGlue Fri 21-Sep-12 17:43:22

Oh groan...off to do that...

StrangeGlue Fri 21-Sep-12 17:48:57

Maybe it'll work now?

FauxFox Fri 21-Sep-12 17:58:15

The only one I like is the last one (cream/black flared) which I would wear with a fitted black jumper, black opaques and mary-janes for a semi formal office look or with tights, flat knee boots and a cream chunky knit and denim or leather jacket for casual.

The others I would chuck, but that's just me so feel free to ignore smile

I like the first one - the large check/tartan one. I'd probably wear that with a black top or shirt tucked in to show off the waist with killer black heels. In this weather, also black opaques. Could also work with boots.

I'm afraid I think the second one is dire, the blue looks dull in the photo but it's very simple so it may be that it's lovely on - what's the fit like?

Not sure of the last one - could be nice or fabric may make it a bit granny-ish

BloooCowWonders Fri 21-Sep-12 18:27:32

Probably need to get rid of second and fourth. Fast smile

BloooCowWonders Fri 21-Sep-12 18:28:41

I actually like the blue as it's quite plain and would work well with lots if tops. As long as it's a good fit.

StrangeGlue Fri 21-Sep-12 19:06:22

The just blue one is horizontally ribbed and quite close fitting pencil skirt. It hits just below the knee. The fit is okay and it's stretchy.

The very patterned one is stretchy lycra-ish and comes to mid-calf and it quite close fitting. Not sure why I bought that one to be fair.

So checked one in and maybe the last one, the black with yellow hearts?

StrangeGlue Fri 21-Sep-12 19:07:54

Oh the colour is a bit odd in the checked one photo, the checks are blue rather than grey/black.

I like the first one, which is rather VW inspired. I'd wear it with black opaques, a black top and black wedges or heeled ankle boots - but I am the queen of black! smile I could be tempted to put a cropped military or Chanel-esque jacket over the black top too.

I think the second one needs to go tbh.

StrangeGlue Fri 21-Sep-12 20:54:59

Yeah the pattern one is going!

suebfg Fri 21-Sep-12 21:02:27

I think the first one's easy as you can pair it with black.

The second one looks more of a summer skirt. I don't think it's that bad - a summer holiday skirt to me.

I really like the third one. Is it M&S by any chance? It was your description that sounded like a skirt I own but in black. Anyway, I'd pair that either with a black, cream or white blouse and accessorise elsewhere with blue. I think that'd be perfect for work.

I'm less keen on the fourth one but I'd pair it with black as with the first.

StrangeGlue Sun 23-Sep-12 18:01:14

Thanks for all your help!

The blue one is from next, thanks for you tips!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now