Talk

Advanced search

Are leather jackets warm?

(8 Posts)
Meta4 Fri 21-Sep-12 16:46:16

I'm talking the short, biker type variety...

OneOfMyTurnsComingOn Fri 21-Sep-12 16:47:50

Definitely not.

sinkyroselee Fri 21-Sep-12 17:44:11

I think not bad actually. Not, mid winder toasty, but warmer than a light jacket would be. I live in a short leather jacket in autum and spring, esp if it's constantly drizzling. Best if layered up though.

FauxFox Fri 21-Sep-12 17:59:47

Not especially but I wear mine with a furry gilet over which makes it much more toasty smile

dexter73 Fri 21-Sep-12 18:48:01

Mine is but is has a furry lining!

ZuleikaJambiere Fri 21-Sep-12 18:59:42

I'm wondering this as well. I'm currently deliberating over a leather trench coat.

I'm a farmers wife, so have plenty of practical things for the really foul weather days, but I'm looking for something smart to wear to work (short walk from bus stop to office), popping round the shops etc. It does need to be reasonably warm, and this is what's slightly putting me off, unless I can be convinced otherwise.

The one I'm looking at is a chocolatey brown colour. I have a tan handbag and I'm also considering some brown leather boots. Is it a real faux pas to a) wear so much leather and b) not match? Apologies for the thread hijack OP

legwear Fri 21-Sep-12 19:09:55

leather jackets really good one for cover winter cold.

legwarmer

MolotovBomb Fri 21-Sep-12 20:31:13

OP, it depends on whether the leather you intend to buy is lined. Short, biker types will keep a chill off, but you wouldn't want to have just that on in mid-December. Heed advice upthread.

Zuleika, I wouldn't wear so much leather. I have in the past and I made myself look like Alvin Stardust. Get yourself a nice Parka instead; one that fitted to your figure. The Very catalogue usually has an excellent selection.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now