Talk

Advanced search

Do I need a pair of wedge trainers this year or are they fugly?

(12 Posts)
sweetheart Fri 21-Sep-12 15:07:38

I find it hard to dress down at weekends, mostly because I am a shirt pear shape and flats don't really work too well on me. In winter I tend to stick to skinnies / leggings and knee high boots but these seem to be out of favour this year a bit.

So in a bid to dress down but still wear heals I'm wondering if these new wedge trainers might be my friend?

Something like this although not exactly what i'd be looking for!?!?!

Or are they just fashion victim fugly - not sure I can pull them off at 32!

Biggem Fri 21-Sep-12 15:35:01

You can so pull them off. I want a pair minus the wedge!! I'm tall and not a heel fan so at least you are lucky in tht respect.
I've seen some lovely ones in river island that don't break the bank

Meggles76 Fri 21-Sep-12 15:39:53

I am soon to be 36 and wear Ash wedge trainers. They are great :-) I wear with skinnys and flares.

sweetheart Fri 21-Sep-12 15:43:27

Ohhh the ash ones are quite nice but totally out of my budget - I think I'll start with a cheap pair and see if I like them. Biggem, I wish i didn't have to think about wearing heals all the time! Off to check out the RI website

Biggem Fri 21-Sep-12 15:45:36

Office had some too - I am jealous of it heel wearing!!
Let me know what u decide on please...if its the mulberry / claret RI ones I will be V V Jealous!!

Bluestocking Fri 21-Sep-12 15:50:00

This thread refers. Opinion seems to vary!

sweetheart Fri 21-Sep-12 16:10:07

hmm now biggem, although I like the red ones i think even that may be a style stretch too far for me wink

CountryBelle Fri 21-Sep-12 17:00:36

I really hate the wedge trainers look. Screams 90s / Spice Girls to me. I know loads love them though

MsKayGee Fri 21-Sep-12 17:11:59

Oh they're really hideously ugly.

beautyfades Fri 21-Sep-12 17:13:40

oh it doesnt scream spice girls too me! i was made up when seen these, im the same, too short for traniers or flats so these be gorgeous with jeans.. cant wait to get myself some..

PerryCombover Fri 21-Sep-12 17:15:53

I have these
I'm never out of them

monkeysmama Fri 21-Sep-12 17:18:23

I love Ash wedge trainers and have worn them for years. Oasis have some good wedge boots in atm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now