Talk

Advanced search

I'm having all my hair chopped off tomoz!!

(27 Posts)
Biggem Thu 20-Sep-12 22:03:32

Eekk.
36 weeks pg and have bit the bullet.
I threaten to do it at least once a year but have decided to just do it!
I'm asking for - sexy, feminine and elegant. Not modern for fear they might go mad with the clippers and give me a miles Cyrus.
Bricking it now...haven't been short for 10 years when I was 18 and so thin I looked like a prepubescent boy!!

Yama Thu 20-Sep-12 22:05:29

I got the chop for my 36th birthday. My god life is easier.

Go for it!

EyesNEars Thu 20-Sep-12 22:08:14

How liberating!!!! Go for it girl!

Biggem Fri 21-Sep-12 07:59:51

Very excited!!

Eliza22 Fri 21-Sep-12 08:14:34

Get it done, girl! I'm short and it's easy! Had mine done on Tuesday from a longish bob and it's now Princess Diana style in the Mario Testino black and white photos.

On the way home, shopping For shoes, a woman tapped me on the shoulder......"do you mind, can I ask who cuts your hair? ". Very pleased, I was!

I'm 50 tomorrow and frankly, prefer to spend 10 mins doing my facerather than faffing with my hair smile

TheBirdsTheBirds Fri 21-Sep-12 08:34:40

Good luck! If I was doing it i'd take in a pic of Anne Hathaway's crop, with my fingers crossed grin

Biggem Fri 21-Sep-12 15:32:14

It's gone!! And I love it, just feel so good!

Mosman Fri 21-Sep-12 15:47:06

Photos ?

Eliza22 Fri 21-Sep-12 17:09:30

Pics please!

Biggem Fri 21-Sep-12 22:43:51

Oooo not sure I'm that brave!! DH can't stop telling me how much it suits me tho grin

purplepenguin86 Fri 21-Sep-12 22:53:10

Chopping hair off is fun! I cut mine from long to short last year, love it short. At least tell us what it looks like Biggem!

ThinThinker Fri 21-Sep-12 22:59:06

please tell me it wasnt more than 7 inches you had cut off?

did you know (or your hair dresser) that you can donate hair to people who need it?

id love to have shorter hair but as its naturally curly i worry that id look like annie.

SharonGless Sat 22-Sep-12 07:12:27

Well done I just went for the chop for my 40th.

Can you link to similar picture?

bigkidsdidit Sat 22-Sep-12 07:30:39

I had my shoulder-blade length hair cut into an Audrey tatou - ish pixie earlier this year. I am not exaggerating when I say it has changed my life! i shower and rough dry it and THAT IS ALL! Amazing.

Enjoy smile

duende Sat 22-Sep-12 09:00:48

Biggem, how have you had it cut?
I've got a hairdresser app on 1st October and i'm looking for ideas...

Biggem Sun 23-Sep-12 22:14:24

Loving the short hair love - it really is amazing how good and different I felt as soon as it was done, I hate haircuts but I literally loved this as soon as it was done!
It's a bit hard to describe, I will be brave and take a pic on Instagram in the am and linkage...

duende Mon 24-Sep-12 10:39:49

Thats great that you love it smile
Please Please upload a pic!

regnamechange Mon 24-Sep-12 13:42:54

I love my pixie crop so easy smile

SavoyCabbage Mon 24-Sep-12 13:49:29

I love mine too. You look like you have made an effort when you haven't at all.

chipstick10 Mon 24-Sep-12 14:11:59

I think pixie cuts and short hair styles only look really good on those with very firm jaw lines. I have short hair and anything but a firm jaw line and it looks horrendous.

abigboydidit Mon 24-Sep-12 21:50:54

Snap! 23 weeks pregnant and chopped it off last week. So much easier and look so much younger (I'm told). Wish I had been brave enough to ignore all the people telling me I would regret it and done it months ago.

whogivesaduck1 Mon 24-Sep-12 21:53:51

snap! I had over a foot of my lovely blonde hair cut off a few months ago. now have a lovely bob and much prefer it!

duende Tue 25-Sep-12 13:07:52

Would any of you stylish ladies share a photo? I've got an appointment on Monday and still undecided as to what a want. Currently dark, shoulder blade length straight and boring hair, with a fringe which does what it wants.
My hair has been falling out really badly so I'm hoping it may look less miserably if I have it cut...

abigboydidit Tue 25-Sep-12 14:43:31

I would PM you but my hair is totally different type to yours so not sure it would help! Mine is brown but very thick and wavy/curly. When I was looking I lusted after a few of the hairstyles the brunette from Homeland (channel 4) had. Have you seen any of hers? Sorry I don't know her name but she's one of only 2 central female characters so should be easy to find. Not Claire Danes - the other one. Oh, and Heath Ledger's widow has some lovely cuts. Name blank again am afraid..blame the pregnancy hormones!

TerraNotSoFirma Tue 25-Sep-12 14:50:15

I'd love to have an elfin style crop, similar to Anne Hathaway.
But my face is incredibly chubby and my jawline is not as taut as it once was.
sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now