Talk

Advanced search

smudge proof mascara anyone?

(20 Posts)
middleagedspread Thu 20-Sep-12 19:55:05

I have longish but sparse lashes & need to build them up.
My current mascara, Clarins (the writing's rubbed off) does the job but when I glance in the mirror mid-morning I appear to have developed 2 black eyes.
I know waterproof is the way to go but I struggle getting it off.
Any wonder products out there?

Tweet2tweet Thu 20-Sep-12 20:18:45

I was having the same problem and switched to DHC mascara: http://www.dhcuk.co.uk/DHC/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=3913
It's great and really does come off with just warm water on a muslin cloth. Lasts ages as well, have been using the same one for 4 months and going strong.
Only thing I'd say is apply it gently as it can look quite heavy if you just plonk it on!

middleagedspread Thu 20-Sep-12 20:29:21

Thanks so much, it looks perfect.
How on earth did you find it?

germyrabbit Thu 20-Sep-12 20:30:14

max factor masterpiece really is good, my staple for years

middleagedspread Thu 20-Sep-12 21:06:08

Thanks germy, is it easy to remove?

Lozislovely Thu 20-Sep-12 21:56:21

Clinique lash power is really good! The only one I've found so far that doesn't give me panda eyes after a few hours.

Comes off with just warm water too, kind of in little tubes, though eye make up remover works just as well.

NotQuitePerfect Thu 20-Sep-12 22:09:24

Yes to Clinique Lash Power - fantastic product. I read somewhere that the Tesco Barbara Daly mousse mascara has the same formulation.

Belo Thu 20-Sep-12 22:40:10

Another vote for Lash Power from me.

middleagedspread Fri 21-Sep-12 06:18:45

They seem to be similar formulas. Off to investigate this new science, thank you.

valiumredhead Fri 21-Sep-12 08:26:21

Max Factor Masterpiece - the black tube.

TeriyakiGoldWoo Fri 21-Sep-12 08:29:51

Another vote for clinique mascara here. Also, I've found Avon to be fab for mascaras that last all day, the one in the yellow tube in particular (can't remember the exact name, volumising something or other I think).

Tweet2tweet Fri 21-Sep-12 08:55:01

I've used Clinique, Avon and all of the others mentioned but have to say that IMO DHC is still the winner. I cam across it as I have a slight 'obsession' with cult brands and DHC was once written about in one of the glossy mags and that's where my DHC fetish started.

Kanebo do a similar one but it's £10 more expensive: http://www.selfridges.com/en/Beauty/Brand-rooms/Luxury/SENSAI-BY-KANEBO/Make-up/Eyes/Mascara-38-volumising-MV1_468-3002273-97778/?cm_mmc=SEO-_-google-_-googleshopping-_-Sensai+by+Kanebo&_$ja=tsid:32977%7Ccc:%7Cprd:99580698%7Ccat:Beauty+%3E+Categories+%3E+Make-up+%26+colour+%3E+Eyes+%3E+Mascara

It is a bit weird the first couple of times you use it, when you wash it off it comes off like that glue eveyone used at school but don't be put off. I've also found the condition of my lashses is much better too.

alwaysrunninginheels Fri 21-Sep-12 11:01:05

Power lash by Clinique gets another vote. Foolishly tried my Chanel waterproof this am- panda eyes already!!! The Clinique one never smudges and is so easily removed with hot water. Had the blinc version too which was great but harder to find.

slug Fri 21-Sep-12 11:29:36

This is about the only thing I've ever managed to wear without Panda Eyes by 11am

MadameCastafiore Fri 21-Sep-12 11:34:09

Lancome Hypnose Waterproof - the doll eyes one is fab.

captaincourageous Fri 21-Sep-12 11:45:16

The two I find best are Blinc and Clinique. Blinc has better staying power and is easier to remove than the Clinique imo but Clinique has much betterat lash building/thickening. I've used Blinc for about a year and this is the first Clinique I've tried. Am undecided which one to use when this one runs out.

TheBirdsTheBirds Fri 21-Sep-12 12:25:29

Max Factor Masterpiece or 2000 Calorie are the only ones that don't smudge on me, and they are the most volumising ones I've tried too.

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 21-Sep-12 15:02:18

Loreal lash double extension waterproof. I take it off with baby oil at night.

I also buy rapid lash off amazon, it's £41 in boots but £21 in amazon.

FreeButtonBee Fri 21-Sep-12 15:16:07

Also recoend Clinique lash power. I previously used blinc but I think the Clinique one is more subtle and the tube doesn't dry out as quickly

middleagedspread Wed 03-Oct-12 17:56:41

Thanks everyone. I've got Clinique Lash Power & it's perfect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now