Talk

Advanced search

Oh cripes, expensive eBay mistake or not?!

(45 Posts)

Haven't been on eBay for ages (cos I got addicted and had to go cold turkey blush) and have just spent £100 on a pair of unworn navy canvas Louboutin Fred flats. That is half of my autumn work wardrobe update budget gone!! That aside, have I just bought something that is now hopelessly passé and unstylish? I have never owned any Louboutins as they are usually way too high for me, not to mention expensive. I really like these shoes but bid half-heartedly and did not expect to win them. I know, I'm an idiot (slinks off to cancel eBay account...)

Couldn't find a link to the navy ones I bought but here they are in cream

picnicbasketcase Tue 18-Sep-12 20:38:16

£100 for those? confused

I know, I'm an idiot aren't I?! Sigh.

bigredbook Tue 18-Sep-12 20:41:19

I don't think you can tell until you see them in the flesh but they are canvas so I would be concerned you may not get that much wear out of them now... I guess you could relist them with a buy it now price or try to contact one of the other bidders if you decide against?

BunnyLebowski Tue 18-Sep-12 20:42:05

It's official. There really is one born every minute.

Sorry OP. They are orrible. They look like fancy dress spats.

picnicbasketcase Tue 18-Sep-12 20:42:23

I didn't mean that the way it came out. It's a lot of money to spend on one thing, especially on eBay, I mean. If you really like them and will wear them a lot then fair enough.

Coconutty Tue 18-Sep-12 20:44:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

I do really love them- the navy ones that I bought look less like fancy dress shoes grin

I will wear them every day, as long as it's warm enough! Though after scrutinizing the photos on eBay they appear to have leather soles which will need to be rubberized so I don't break my neck.

Good point about re-listing on eBay! There were no other bidders, just me!

ujjayi Tue 18-Sep-12 20:54:35

There may have been other bidders but they remained private? I recently got a second chance to buy a dress on eBay because the original buyer pulled out, which I gratefully took smile. Think seriously about what you want to do. If you think you will wear them but just feel abut queasy about initial outlay just take a deep breath and keep them.

Thanks ujjayi, I think I am just panicking at the stupid amount of money that I've spent on something I've never seen! This is why I shouldn't go on eBay. If I have any qualms about the shoes once they arrive I will re-list them on eBay.

bigredbook Tue 18-Sep-12 21:17:39

If you love them you got a bargain
www.net-a-porter.com/product/177996?resType=single&keywords=fred

mirpuppet Tue 18-Sep-12 21:18:26

If you haven't paid don't. Ebay does not force you to pay. You may get negative feedback but rather that then buy something you don't want.

fyefoot Tue 18-Sep-12 21:28:39

Oh I love them, enjoy them, they are lovely.

TrinityRhino Tue 18-Sep-12 21:32:48

they are hideous
they look like old man golf shoes

just explain to ebayer and hope

you would much rather have more autumn stuff than those

what on earth would you wear with them?
confused

I've paid! I do love them, just didn't expect to win them. bigredbook thanks for that link, makes me feel better! The ones I've bought aren't exactly like that, they don't have the grosgrain trim, but very similar.

Ohhh trinity, was thinking skinny jeans, cigarette pants, maybe preppy dresses and tailored shorts?! You're right though, I could have got a shedload of stuff in H&M for £100.

TrinityRhino Tue 18-Sep-12 21:48:10

what the hell are cigarette pants and preppy dresses

I'm clearly in the wrong place

sorry to disturb grin

glastocat Tue 18-Sep-12 22:08:17

Hideous, sorry.

ja9 Tue 18-Sep-12 22:12:02

Well, if you paid £100 it must be because someone else bid £99, so just sell the on. Alternatively, contact seller and she can offer second chance buy to the second highest bidder....

happywithit Tue 18-Sep-12 23:41:43

do you mean this one.
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Christian-Louboutin-Fred-Flat-Shoes-4-5-EU-37-5-/251152763064?pt=UK_Women_s_Shoes&hash=item3a79df08b8#ht_500wt_1182
thats your? just ask the seller to cansel transaction, or even if you receive them and didn't like them you have right for full refund by ebay policy.
so no worries.

JellyBelly10 Tue 18-Sep-12 23:49:17

Sorry but in my opinion they seriously don't look worth £100, and anyone who pays the apparent RRP of £380 needs a psychiatrist! But all that matters is that YOU like them and you think they are worth £100. And that's the only thing that matters. When you wear them and feel good in them you will feel that you got a bargain, so enjoy!

randyhappy Wed 19-Sep-12 07:47:04

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

dexter73 Wed 19-Sep-12 07:49:26

That is a fake website randyhappy.

StinkyPig Wed 19-Sep-12 07:51:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PooPooOnMars Wed 19-Sep-12 07:56:39

I think people are being mean about the shoes. Not everyone has the same style you know.

I can imagine them looking quite edgy with the things you describe op. The problem is if you've just spent too much for your budget. The issue isn't whether no one else on here would wear them (they wouldn't go with the wrap dresses that seem to be compulsory on s & b, mmm how interesting hmm)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now