Talk

Advanced search

Body Shop, Mostly Musk Oil... Any smellalikes out there?

(15 Posts)
NoMoreDoormat Tue 18-Sep-12 18:36:21

Does anybody know of any perfume or fragrance that smells similar to this? I would really love to get my hands on some, it reminds me of those carefree teenage years smile Such a shame that it was discontinued.

NoMoreDoormat Wed 19-Sep-12 10:58:34

Anyone??

CardiCorgi Wed 19-Sep-12 11:21:30

Was the Mostly Musk anything like White Musk? My mother went into a large Boots a few years ago when buying me a Christmas present and told the assistant that I liked Body Shop White Musk and could she recommend anything similar. I was a bit hmm that she still thought I had the same tastes as when I had been a teenager, but the Caroline Herrera 212 that I ended up with is rather nice. It's also subtle enough not to enter the room before you do.

NoMoreDoormat Wed 19-Sep-12 11:33:48

Thanks CardiCorgi , I'm afraid they were totally different though sad That would be like something my Mum would do too, she seems to have forgotten that i've kinda grown up over the last 20 years or so, lol

fedupofnamechanging Wed 19-Sep-12 16:26:54

Hey, don't knock White Musk, though. I still think it smells as lovely as some of the really expensive perfumes that I've had over the years.

NoMoreDoormat Wed 19-Sep-12 18:57:55

Not knocking it at all karmabeliever . Totally agree with you that it's a lovely scent too but it's the Mostly Musk i'm after and having no joy at all sad

CardiCorgi Wed 19-Sep-12 20:19:33

Oh well, it was worth a try and the Caroline Hererra perfume is really nice.

If you google "Body Shop Mostly Musk" you get a few ebay hits plus a forum where people are recommending perfumes with most peculiar names, "Enraged Bunny", anyone?

Freshletticiaandslugs Wed 19-Sep-12 22:41:24

White Musk has been changed over the last few years and no longer smells the same. They admitted it to me. I no longer buy it.
I wish I could get good old seventies 'Just Musk', it was fab.

herbaceous Wed 19-Sep-12 23:09:06

Khiels Original Musk is pretty good - a bit more full-on than the Body Shop stuff, but musk-tastic.

Anyone remember Jovan Musk Oil? First boyfriend wore it - would bring back some, er, strong memories!

anniewoo Wed 19-Sep-12 23:17:52

I love Coty's Wild Musk but can't get it in u.k. I wonder why?

springbokke Sat 05-Jan-13 14:57:40

Hello NOMOREDOORMAT, are you still interested in the Mostly Musk fragrance?

4nomore Mon 18-Mar-13 20:17:56

Carolina Herrera 212 Men. Just found a sample spray, tried it and had a memory trip right back to '94

EZGreen Sat 31-May-14 04:46:35

I just wanted to add that you could try BodyTime who were the original Body Shop. Roddick totally ripped them off - They are still the same as TBS when it opened over here. They are only in California but I think they do mail order. They have Civet Musk and China Musk which are lovely

sezinizes Tue 02-Sep-14 09:40:55

Dear NoMoreDoormat,
I got Mostly Musk exactly 10 years ago when I was in Greece. Since 2004, I am looking for Mostly Musk in all countries I visit. And I am still using this little bottle when I need to feel myself okay. I am afraid that it will finish one day!!
Whenever I smell it, I also remember my days for 10 years ago. I use it only when I wish to come back my days in my youth smile So I dont know which one seems like Mostly Musk today, but I must express that It was a very special one. I dont know why Body Show didnt go on to produce it... Wish to see it in the shops again...

Noodles1979 Sat 12-Dec-15 03:19:56

Mostly musk for sale on eBay!! www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?&_from=R40&_trksid=p2255925.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xmostly%20musk.TRS0&_nkw=mostly%20musk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now