Talk

Advanced search

how much do uggs stretch?

(11 Posts)
goodstuffhappens Tue 18-Sep-12 17:46:27

so (I know about 10 years too late) I've just bought myself of comfy uggs for the winter. I've got them home and the right boot feels slightly snug. I am worried I've dished up a lot of money (the price is what was putting me off all these years!) and wondered if any of you know how much they might stretch. I get the impression from all those wonky footed ugg wearers out there that they stretch quite a bit as they always look a bit floppy after a while imho.
Need to find out asap as will take them back so your thoughts gratefully received! Thank you!

CountryBelle Tue 18-Sep-12 17:49:14

They dont really stretch, but the fur will "bed down" if u know what u mean. This may make them feel bigger after a few wears. Wont feel longer though, just a bit wider / more roomy.

JeremyKylesPetProject Tue 18-Sep-12 18:10:24

They do become mishapen but after a long time. When the fur does bed down as Country Belle says I buy new sheep skin insoles. You can get them from Amazon. They make your boots feel snug and cosy again.

goodstuffhappens Tue 18-Sep-12 18:50:29

so... just checking, do you two think I should go a size up if the right one is sort of hurting my toe?

CountryBelle Tue 18-Sep-12 18:54:39

Hmmm i wouldnt. They'll probably give a little. could u not order the next size up and compare them, and then return one pair? I def wouldnt buy the next size up if they felt too loose, they'd end up really sloppy!

Which colour / style did u get anyway? I loooove my uggs! Cant wait to get into them! Also have an old pair which im currently wearing as slippers. nothing else compares!

EverlongYouAreGoldAndOrange Tue 18-Sep-12 19:51:09

I've had loads of uggs over the years and found they've all given.

ImNotCrazyMyMotherHadMeTested Tue 18-Sep-12 19:53:33

You could wear two pairs of nice thick socks on the tighter foot for a few evenings, that might stretch them a little?

Jeremy didn't know you could do that, I will be ordering those for DD!

Her aunty got a friend in NZ to send over a proper pair at Christmas and they are now too loose and there is no WAY they are going in the bin. Thank you!

goodstuffhappens Tue 18-Sep-12 21:36:35

thanks everyone! Brown chestnut shorts... Can't wait to wear them tomorrow!

Tuttutitlookslikerain Tue 18-Sep-12 21:41:03

I've got a pair of Uggs, that one foot felt just ever so slightly tight on. I wore a snuggle sock in it for about an hour and it stretched them just enough.

I am having a dilemma at the moment wether to buy chocolate Bailey Buttons, or brown button ones from Cetlic Sheepkin which are more leathery so maybe more versatile!

DerbyNottsLeicsNightNanny Tue 18-Sep-12 21:58:16

I have finally got some uggs after wanting some for years, I got the lo-pro suede ones which (I think) look pretty much like the regular uggs, but are not quite as bulky - they have fleecy lined soles but not fleecy on the rest of the insides. I have biggish feet for my 5ft 3" height so the regular uggs just made my feet look too huge.

Anyway, to answer your question I am finding that they are 'giving' a little bit more each time I wear them - I had to get a pair that were slightly too snug on one foot inparticular as the next size up was too big. I think with a few more wears they will be absolutely fine.

Sorry for long post!

Adamjo4822 Sun 14-May-17 15:24:00

Hi I bought a pair of uggs in a size 6.5 as I'm a 6 but my toe is almost right at the end do I return them for the next size up or do I keep them and they will stretch?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now