Talk

Advanced search

Maternity Clothes Recommendations?

(12 Posts)
lookitmyshoes Tue 18-Sep-12 10:55:48

We've just found out that I'm pregnant (eee!), so I've been spending the past few days looking at mothercare maternity wear, but can you recommend where I can buy pretty maternity clothes?

Mothercare looks good for the basics, but I'm not sure where to start for nice dresses and things to wear to weddings and what not.

Thanks

Sheldonella Tue 18-Sep-12 11:13:14

Congratulations smile I recommend Isabella Oliver for special things. It is expensive but they seem to have fairly regular decent discount codes. I got a dress 41% off a couple of weeks ago.

WillSingForCake Tue 18-Sep-12 11:20:16

I bought all mine from either Next or Dorothy Perkins - pretty cheap & cheerful, but I wore them to death & they still are in good condition.

WillSingForCake Tue 18-Sep-12 11:21:06

Oh, and Ebay's worth a look too

HipHopOpotomus Tue 18-Sep-12 11:21:25

SERAPHINE & CRAVE also have some nice stuff - dresses etc.
For basics I liked the RED HERRING maternity range & H&M.
I second Isabella Oliver - I have a lovely dress from there.

I was able to wear my usual clothes until about 5 months and some women can go even longer, so you might not want to rush out and spend too much just yet grin

Congratulations.

Downbytheocean Tue 18-Sep-12 11:25:08

H&m is great.
eBay for buying. I've sold a few things on there but its not worth it really as almost new topshop trousers only selling for 99p! You may be able to pick up some bargains.

Callmecordelia Tue 18-Sep-12 11:28:51

Just wanted to say that I wish I'd spent more on maternity clothes. I got some cheap stuff from New Look, but stupidly didn't realise how much time I'd be spending in it after the birth - I wasn't fully out of maternity things for six months.

They all looked dreadful, and I felt really depressed about it. I wish I'd bought some decent jeans/tops from Jojo/Isabella Oliver/Seraphine. Then I wouldn't have looked such a scruff. sad

JammySplodger Tue 18-Sep-12 11:28:51

I quite liked H&M too.

JammySplodger Tue 18-Sep-12 11:30:11

Best thing I bought was a decent, and slightly more expensive pair of maternity jeans (was from Blooming Marvellous, have they gone out of business now).

Pascha Tue 18-Sep-12 11:32:16

Seraphine trousers are so comfy and don't fall down at all on me. Well worth the money as they have good resale value too. H&M and New Look are great for basics. Topshop for dresses.

NarcolepsyQueen Tue 18-Sep-12 11:33:03

Topshop
ASOS
H&M
New Look
Next
Isabella Oliver

Topshop do nice trendy ones - they come up a little small on the bump though, so I would size up!

lookitmyshoes Tue 25-Sep-12 17:18:03

Thanks for the help everyone!

I've ended up with a lot of clothes. H&M and eBay for the cheap stuff. Blooming Marvellous jeans from Mothercare and a lot of pretty things from Top Shop and Isabella Oliver.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now