Talk

Advanced search

Nail varnish colour help

(9 Posts)
SleepyFergus Sun 05-Aug-12 19:11:58

I've seen some women wearing a red nail varnish but not sure what it is or when I've looked I can't seem to see one like it. It's not a pillar box red but a lighter red with a hint of an orange tone to it. It seems to be more flattering and not quite in your face iykwim

Its defo not an orange varnish but I struggle to find one that's inbetween red and orange.

Anyone have any recommendations?

SunWukong Sun 05-Aug-12 19:17:57

Have you looked at BarryM? they might have some more unuseral colours or Maybeline

FauxFox Sun 05-Aug-12 19:18:08

I have a nails inc one that is just that colour called 'Beach' but it was free on the cover of In Style mag so I don't think it's on general sale. Sorry that's not much help is it confused

gladyoucame Sun 05-Aug-12 19:30:52

Revlon do an orangey red called Craving Coral or something similar (bought in Poundland so may be discontinued). But lots of Corally Orangey reds around including OPI (they do loads but seem to change every year, On Collins Avenue is one) Try looking for something with the word coral in it but coral seems to cover pink red orange. It's very subjective though because someone's light red with orange tone is someone's elses bright red or tomato red.

izzyizin Sun 05-Aug-12 19:33:15

Check out OPI's colours - The Thrill of Brazil and Red My Fortune Cookie have a distinct orange tone.

Also Nails Inc's The Hurlingham and Leighton Denny's Feel The Burn which is more of a terracotta than a true red may be what you're looking for.

izzyizin Sun 05-Aug-12 19:44:27

As glad has said, colours are subjective. I've been wearing OPI's My Address Is Hollywood which, to me, is a coral colour that's certainly not in your face or particularly statement making. It suits my summer wardrobe and looks good for day and evening but may not be intense enough for you.

SleepyFergus Sun 05-Aug-12 19:55:21

Cheers all, a good few for me to check out. Realise it's a difficult question! I should just ask the next person I see with the perfect coloured nails really!

hydrangeas Sun 05-Aug-12 20:21:29

It may be "holiday" by chanel it is an orangey red.

Sleepyfergus Sun 14-Oct-12 17:29:43

Found it! Essie's 'Laquered Up'. Tis perfect!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now