Talk

Advanced search

does anyone else use argan oil on their skin as a moisturiser?

(14 Posts)
MistyRocks Wed 27-Jun-12 15:56:28

if so how do you find it

i bought some from ebay a couple of weeks ago and i have to say i think my skin is looking really good, although i don't know if its just wishful thinking grin

i use the oil cleansing method (with olive oil) and then put some on after as a moisturiser

SoleSource Wed 27-Jun-12 15:59:55

Is the skin on your face VERY dry? Mine is.

MistyRocks Wed 27-Jun-12 16:01:30

no its normal, neither dry nor greasy

SoleSource Wed 27-Jun-12 16:36:56

OK thank you for the reply. My skin is very dry and wondering if your skin care routine could be the answer.

I tried Boots website but only argan oil for hair came up.

If you do not mind Misty if you can I'd really like to know of your skincare routine, with regards to this product please.

Or just a link will do smile

Sounds good.

GoOnTim Wed 27-Jun-12 16:43:59

'ello you chanel 2.55 wanting minx (tis Pinot)

I use it as a body moisturiser - a drop rubbed in at a time. It's too strong for my face (combo skin). Also use a drop as hair serum (moroccanoil is based on argan), on cuticles, as a foot treatment overnight (don socks in bed) etc etc. It's a wonder oil, argan.

MistyRocks Wed 27-Jun-12 17:02:16

oh hello pinot haha

i didnt want to admit it on fb for everyone in know in rl to see; but the "chanel" bag i am after, i have already bought it blush dh doesnt know YET...but its a fake, a VERY good one though. have started another thread about it, its on here somewhere...

<hijacks own thread> hmm

oh yeah i have put some in my hair too although my hair is so crazy and frizzy it doesn't do a great deal tbh

and solesourse i got mine from ebay, will look for link and come back and post it

my routine is cleanse with olive oil (extra virgin) by massaging in 50p size blob of oilive oil, then wiping it off with a hot wrung out flannel. then once i have got all the olive oil off i put a 5p size blob of argan oil on. seems to work for me!

SoleSource Wed 27-Jun-12 17:10:21

Ooh thanks! Sounds fab. I have olive oil. looking forward to the link.

MistyRocks Thu 28-Jun-12 10:33:07

here is the link to the argan oil

firstsupermum Thu 28-Jun-12 17:41:22

hi
i like this thread, i am from m morocco, i just bring with me a lotof bottle of argan oil, its a really great for all tibe of skin, but you have to make sure that you have the real one,.
i know its very hard even when you are in morocco to find the real good one because they mixt it with the cooking one, which must not be used on the beauty.
i bought mine for the please that they produced as its just one city in morocco who produced as the tree grow just their, but its a really great.
its a bit expensive but worth it.

firstsupermum Thu 28-Jun-12 17:43:10

sorry i write my thread fast, i reading it now, a lotof mistakes smile

LandenParkeLaine Thu 28-Jun-12 18:49:10

I use it on my skin, after cleansing when my face is still wet, just a tiny drop, then I use a light moisturiser. I do have very dry skin but haven't had any problems with spots or anything. I prefer it to the rosehip oil I was using previously.

GoOnTim Thu 28-Jun-12 20:28:20

ooh misty where from? (the 2.55 I mean) Can you linky me

MistyRocks Fri 29-Jun-12 07:31:54

from here

have done lots of research and it seems to be highly recommended and trustworthy. the only thing i am worried about is it being seized by customs, i will let you know what its like once it hopefully arrives

MelBanks Wed 07-Nov-12 11:31:29

It can be used as a moisturiser, but not for dry skin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now