Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone use the palest shade of Estee Lauder Doublewear?

(25 Posts)
GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Fri 08-Jun-12 14:23:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FIFIBEBE Fri 08-Jun-12 15:12:54

Yes it is. The next shade is much darker though. Naturally I have a blue hue to my skin, so need to wear palest of pale foundation. Getting the balance between ghostly and orange is difficult! So with Doublewear I go for the palest shade, then lots of Bobbi Brown stripey bronzer(forget what is is called) and some real blusher too.

EllenParsons Fri 08-Jun-12 16:07:11

I use the shade bone, which is one of the palest (Bone, shell and 1 other which I have forgotten the name of are the palest but just have differing amounts of yellow or pink base in them). It is v fair but not quite milk! If you want REALLY pale, try the palest Nars shade.

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Fri 08-Jun-12 16:09:04

nymets Fri 08-Jun-12 16:09:23

i have 1.0 in dw light and it is a very very pale beige, not milk colour at all

ThatVikRinA22 Fri 08-Jun-12 16:10:11

i use the sade "bone" as well - i find it gives me a slightly less pinky hue - it seems to have more of a yellow base tone, which evens out my skin much better (i have rosy cheeks!)

i think you would be best off nipping to a big dept store and asking for a test on your face before committing to buying - its brilliant stuff but not cheap!

nymets Fri 08-Jun-12 16:12:11

this pic is pretty spot on for 1.0 dw light

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Fri 08-Jun-12 16:13:02

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Fri 08-Jun-12 16:14:57

nymets Fri 08-Jun-12 16:21:11

yes the coverage is fab, i use a tiny bit and it is enough. blends really easily. i prefer it to the double wear and that seemed a bit too thick.

if you find a nice estee lauder person they are usually very helpful.

minipie Fri 08-Jun-12 17:07:13

I have doublewear light in the palest shade and it's NOT white pale like milk. It's more of a beige/sand colour. Only really works on me when I've had a bit of sun, not in the depths of winter. And I'm not even that pale (ie I'm not Celtic)

mrscumberbatch Fri 08-Jun-12 17:56:56

I use doublewear in shell. It gives me a good white base with pinky tones. Oranges make me look dirty.

Get a tester- lasts for bloody ages.

Also worth mentioning, doublewear in shell, when pictured with a flash can quite often cause your face to 'blow out' colourwise in the picture. Everyone else looks normal but you're just a blur of shining white. THAT is how pale it is lol.

EllenParsons Fri 08-Jun-12 19:29:06

OP yeah ecru must be the third one. I think ecru is neutral, bone is yellow based and shell pink based. Apparently they should all be similarly pale. I agree it is worth getting some testers from the counter if you are near one, as the tester bottles they give are a fair size and will give you the chance to use it for a week or two and see what you think.

West Fri 08-Jun-12 23:09:55

I used to use doublewear in Shell, & liked it. It's considerably paler than the palest doublewear light. I've switched to Lily Lolo mineral foundation, & their palest colour (porcelain) is the first foundation I've ever found that's too pale for me (I mix a little of a slightly darker colour with it to match my skin).

MonaLotte Sat 09-Jun-12 10:05:39

I use orig

MonaLotte Sat 09-Jun-12 10:08:05

Gah sorry stupid phone!

I use original double wear in ecru and agree with the others it's neutral. Shell is pinky and sand is yellowy. It gives excellent coverage and I don't have to touch it up all day.

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Mon 18-Jun-12 14:46:10

Eliza22 Mon 18-Jun-12 17:13:25

Used to wear Doublewear. But, for the past two "buys" I've bought the Doublewear Light. I have shades 01 which is very (yellows) pale and for summering have their shade 03. I'm not that dark but, as I use self tan half the year, I'd look like death in the 01! Sometimes I wear one, sometimes the other or, mix.

Before committing to the original DW.... Try the DW Light. I wouldn't go back. Covers, lasts and takes years off me!

fridgepants Wed 28-Nov-12 17:44:33

Sorry, old thread, but I'm having a right old time getting matched.

Shell isn't sold now, but is apparently coming back next year - none of the counters near me have samples anymore, though.

Ivory Nude is orange/peach on me, Bone is better but still too yellow, and the Cool Bone or whatever it's called is pinky-orange. From what I remember Shell was a bit pink - maybe I just won't find a match and have to go with something else. Bah.

MustStopOutingSelf Wed 28-Nov-12 19:25:13

fridgepants Why don't you try Ecru? I bought it last week and it's quite pale (in fact it's far too pale for me, blummin waste of £28!!!)

fridgepants Wed 28-Nov-12 23:30:23

Ecru is too dark for me, it makes me look like I've been too close to the fire. Shell was pale enough but the wrong colour. Sigh.

MrsRebeccaDanvers Thu 29-Nov-12 11:18:15

I am very very pale and Shell looks chalky white on me. Prefer Bone.

fridgepants Thu 29-Nov-12 14:02:42

Bone's near but that wee bit too yellow. I had the same issue with Shell, though - the pink tone made me look florid.

I saw someone selling the free counter sample pots on eBay, I'm sure you could flog off your Ecru!

heavenshazzard Sun 14-Jun-15 19:40:15

I have recently bought 'shell' and I was very disappointed with the coverage?

People tell me that the coverage gets worse as the colour gets lighter, but I didn't hear that until I had purchased.

If you are finding foundations are too dark for you then buy some illamasque white foundation and lighten it a bit! Thats what I always do. X

FrugalFashionista Sun 14-Jun-15 20:40:07

Just updating this really old thread with a link to a more recent thread on pale foundations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now