Talk

Advanced search

Driclor....Owwwwwwwww!!

(20 Posts)
NorbertDentressangle Tue 22-May-12 20:43:52

Thought I'd try Driclor after seeing it recommended on here as I seem to be getting increasingly sweaty armpits (is that a peri-menopausal thing BTW??)

Anyway its stinging like buggery fuck hell. Is it going to sting until I wash it off in the morning or will it calm down in a bit?

ceebeegeebies Tue 22-May-12 20:47:41

I would recommend Perspirex rather than Driclor - Driclor is devil's work and stings and itches all night although to be fair, one dose and it stops sweat for weeks.

Perspirex, otoh, only itches and stings a little bit but you have to apply it more often - I do it every other night and don't have sweat patches anymore - happy days grin

Depends on whether you can stand the itching and stinging - I couldn't wink

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Tue 22-May-12 20:52:06

Did you apply to washed and completely dry pits and only use 2 strokes per arm?

Get0rfMoiLand Tue 22-May-12 20:53:34

It does tingle, but it is well worth it as it really does work. It will be uncomfortable for a bit though. It won't last all night though ime.

Pachelbel Tue 22-May-12 20:54:28

I second ceebee.

I found after a couple of days of using driclor, the burning was unbareable. I was hoping it would calm down so I went to bed, but bloody hell, it was awful and I had to run to the bathroom to rinse it off.
Probably not what you wanted to hear, sorry!

Perspirex is loads better, although you do have to apply it a bit more often.

Always make sure your underarms are dry before you put it on as well, if there's any moisture it seems to make it sting.

NorbertDentressangle Tue 22-May-12 20:56:51

Its a bit more than a tingle!

Yes I had showered, dried them really, really well and not shaved them for a few days. I don't remember reading about only 2 strokes per arm though (but didn't go crazy and slap it on)

BumgrapesofWrath Tue 22-May-12 20:57:08

Beware Driclor - my DH used it years ago and hasn't sweated through his pits since - all his sweat now seems to come through his feet now! I am not kidding....

NorbertDentressangle Tue 22-May-12 20:58:15

shock...through his feet?! Blimey can it come out through any random area then?

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Tue 22-May-12 21:01:51

I think the 2 strokes thing might be on the Perspirex instructions but I do the same thing with Driclor.

realhousewifeofdevoncounty Tue 22-May-12 21:03:05

It made my pits red raw. But I have sensitive skin.

Pachelbel Tue 22-May-12 21:48:50

Oh dear bumgrapes (writing your name made me grin )I guess unfortunately the sweat has to come out somewhere!
I suffered with sweat patches so badly as a young teen because of my hormones being all over the place that I asked the doctor. He said botox (!) is effective but only lasts a few months and has a tendency to make people sweat lots in more unfavourable places - hands feet and groins were mentioned I believe.
Err, think I'll live with the stingy roll ons thanks!

FannyFifer Tue 22-May-12 21:54:13

I used this years ago as used to have very sweaty pits, always had wet marks under arms, was awful.
Anyway, it stings like feck, I used to put it on after a night out when i had drank a quantity of alcohol, so would be sleeping heavily smile
Also tuck your pajama top right in under your pits so each side doesn't touch, always found that worked.
Worth it though.

Pinkflipflop Tue 22-May-12 22:05:41

It's brilliant but stings like the devil and stains your clothes!

NorbertDentressangle Wed 23-May-12 21:05:23

Well my 'pits are still sore and red in places so I'm certainly not putting any more on for a while. I tentatively put some aloe vera gel on this evening -it stung like hell again but once it dried I think it calmed it a bit.

I've spent the day walking with my arms slightly out to the side in a muscle man/ hard bastard sort of way IYKWIM.

TheBeanAndTheBee Wed 23-May-12 21:14:10

I love Driclor BUT you have to be very careful when you put it on, you can't just swipe away like you would with a normal deodorant. I find that if you put it literally just where your hair would be, it's fine, but if you go over that area that's when it itches like crazy. (I then have to just wash off)

What ever you do, don't apply the same day as hair removal!!!

Try it again when your pits have calmed in a few days, be very sparing and look at where you're putting it.

It's honestly brilliant stuff, the only thing that works for me, I don't even have to use it every night now and it last for bloody ages too.

mgctnky Sun 07-Apr-13 12:58:47

-USE WITH CAUTION - It worked after one application. It did not sting at all, but after the second and third nights, I can see it has irritated and broken my skin a little. I should have applied it every other night. So i will wait for a few days now. I suppose it must not be applied to shaved armpits, i can see that that would sting. Great product, but i cannot help to think that whether it is a healthy way to stop sweating like these methods considering the huge amount of liquid was coming out of my body? What do you think?

SomethingOnce Sun 07-Apr-13 15:20:11

Ah, the Driclor sting, the prickly pain. It works brilliantly, though, and lasts for ages.

I would advise applying it hours after showering (preferably having spent the intervening time keeping very still with arms held aloft for ventilation) then only shaving after 24 hours.

Pinkflipflop Sun 07-Apr-13 15:55:07

Is it not harmful? confused Sounds horrific!

Laura553 Fri 27-Dec-13 07:47:54

Cheap Driclor - http://track.moreniche.com/hit.php?w=168081&s=246&a=15332
I had big problems with sweating underarms and even after the first day I used this products the sweat completely disappeared.

Anis056aslam Mon 16-Jan-17 21:52:01

Hey hii
I actually had a good impression on driclor when i purchased
I started using it and thank god my sweat stopped then i even started to reduce it
As it used to not sweat much
But then i had a shave
I understand when its recent shaven it burns alot
But my condition is starting to be worse
Is it because i shaved???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now