Talk

Advanced search

How do you do the 'oil cleansing method'?

(9 Posts)
PeaceLoveandCandy Fri 18-May-12 18:24:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NinthWave Fri 18-May-12 18:34:20

Marking place, I am curious about this! Is it the same as hot cloth cleansing?

PeaceLoveandCandy Sat 19-May-12 09:07:38

lololizzy Sat 19-May-12 09:32:05

health food shop / supermarket? ?? am curious too. not sure if use hot cloth or cotton wool pads??? i did try some virgin olive oil but i have no idea if my application was right and gave up as housemate (as i had then) kept stealing it out of bathroom for his cooking!

valiumredhead Sat 19-May-12 11:44:00

Choose your oil, massage it in for as long as you want then take off with a warm muslin cloth.

PeaceLoveandCandy Sat 19-May-12 11:47:25

valiumredhead Sat 19-May-12 11:49:03

People use Castor oil mixed with another oil but I found castor really really strong and it upset my skin - so I just are Almond, you can't really go wrong with that imo. Yes I do it before bed smile I get tAlmond oil from Boots for about £1.50.

Mombojombo Sat 19-May-12 11:55:16

Get a hot flannel or muslin cloth. Soak it with water as hot as you can stand (with caution, obviously, and some people find it a bit drying, so you'll have to experiment a bit).

Hold the cloth over your face until it cools to room temperature (opening your pores).

Use the oil of your choice Good info here about blends/types and massage with finger tips, concentrating on most congested areas. Do it for at least a few minutes. Sometimes joyful plugs of sebum come out - very satisfying if a bit grim!

Rinse off with muslin cloth. I then follow with a sweep of rose water or witch hazel as toner to make sure every last trace of oil is removed. You can also use a little bit of the oil as moisturiser if it suits your skin to do so.

I've been doing OCM about 2 months now. I did have a MASSIVE breakout about 3 weeks in, which was a classic 'purge', and still don't have perfect skin, but definitely fewer blackheads and more even tone overall.

masmith Tue 20-Nov-12 08:59:27

i have just started the oil method;i have had oily spotty skin forever i still have blackheads so i hope this will clear them at last!i am only using almond oil with a few .drops of tea tree.anyone tryed t.hat combo ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now