Talk

Advanced search

Anyone had their tear troughs filled or whatever they do with them?

(39 Posts)
ggirl Tue 01-May-12 21:47:01

I am thinking of getting it done
but don't want to end up looking like a puffa fish

ggirl Tue 01-May-12 23:08:42

no one??
come on

HowAboutAHotCupOfShutTheHellUp Tue 01-May-12 23:09:04

Yes, twice. Once with dr. Khan (v well known in the industry, harley st based) and then with dr. Tracey Mountford, also harley st. based, known as the 'filler queen', she reassuringly professional yet warm and chatty. Dr. Khan's bedside manner left something to be desired but he is clearly an expert in this field.

Going for my third session on Thursday with Dr. Mountford. The procedure lasts around a year.

Dr. Mountford has started to use a cannula to inject the filler which apparently gives a v smooth result with only one small injection per tear trough, it is apparently less painful and you are less likely to bruise. The procedure is not particularly painful anyway FYI.

No one noticed when I had it done, only me, I just feel fresher. As long as I can afford it I will have it done.

Good luck whatever you decide.

ggirl Tue 01-May-12 23:10:27

oooh thanks

how much if you don't mind?

HowAboutAHotCupOfShutTheHellUp Tue 01-May-12 23:11:40

£600 ish.

ggirl Tue 01-May-12 23:16:06

blimey that's expensive
but if it lasts a yr ..

thanks..you're obviously pleased with the results as you keep going back

Katisha Tue 01-May-12 23:25:27

How do you mean, she uses a cannula?
<squeamish >

NoGoodGirlo Wed 02-May-12 00:43:12

Yes - but I live in the USA. It costs me $500 and is worth every cent. I look refreshed, awake and fabulous and not a hint of puffa fish. It has really made me feel so much better about myself. Have had botox in the past too but don't really bother to keep that up as the tear trough thing is so much better.

By the way, insist on a local anesthetic!

PerryCombover Wed 02-May-12 01:02:52

Close friend has had this done (no
I don't mean me!)
She got a really good result from it better than she had hoped

nickseasterchick Wed 02-May-12 01:03:51

tear troughs??what are they?? have i got them?? is it that bad?

JarethTheGoblinKing Wed 02-May-12 01:14:24

wtf are tear troughs? WHy on earth would they need filling? confused

FrillyMilly Wed 02-May-12 02:17:31

I also need to know what a tear trough is!

ggirl Wed 02-May-12 07:43:09

tear troughs another lovely sign of ageing caused by loss of collagen

ggirl Wed 02-May-12 07:44:34

hmm it may be cheaper in canada , i am planning a visit to my family there this yr

CarpeJugulum Wed 02-May-12 07:48:10

Bloody hell, I've had them since puberty struck.

But then, I've had stretch marks since before I knew what they were - they appeared at about age 7 with me (that I noticed as least). DS has them too and he's only 19mo. Moisturiser everywhere for him sad

Erm, I digress...

So, you can get them filled? Hmm... might be with investigating this.

ContinentalKat Wed 02-May-12 07:53:49

I thought that was just the way eyes and faces were supposed to look like!
If you have them filled, will your eye just merge with your cheek?
I should clearly stick to the beginners' guides in S&B...
<shuffles away>

ggirl Wed 02-May-12 07:57:00

well mine are newly acquired a few yrs ago in my late 40's
loads of rather barbaric videos on you tube

valiumredhead Wed 02-May-12 08:39:24

Isn't that just 'shape of your eyes/face' but the beauty industry have convinced us we need it filling? In the same way we are all convinced that open pores are A Bad Thing - they are just pores, I have NEVER looked at ANYONE and come away thinking 'Oh my she was so pretty but my goodness her pores let her down!' grin It's all a load of tosh!

No way would I let anyone near my eyes! shock

OneHandFlapping Wed 02-May-12 08:49:57

Wow, some of those before/after pictures are amazing!

<counts out money>

ggirl Wed 02-May-12 09:19:46

no it's definitely not my normal eyes of a few yrs ago
but I am going to do a lot of research before I even approach someone

PerryCombover Wed 02-May-12 09:26:40

Nah Valium, some people do have really obvious troughs, some don't (well until they are the least of our worries, in terms of skin ageing)
Up to those people to decide I think.
I worked with a woman with fairly obvious deputy dawg eye bags ..she had them done and felt fantastic. I'm not sure I would be brave enough though

My skin was very strange with each pregnancy and I did get massive pores
They filled, either as blackheads, or as massive pits awaiting foundation to pool there. It constantly pissed me off but I know it isn't an issue for lots of people but it was for me
They are almost back to normal now and I'm happier

Pinot Wed 02-May-12 10:23:42

amazing result

I don't have them but if I did, and I could afford it, I'd zap them. That's just how I roll... grin

And I have judged people with crater-pores blush but in a soothing "poor them" way, not a ha-ha way. Speaking as one who has had hormonal acne and still does I empathise with self confidence bashing skin issues, big styleee.

Mombojombo Wed 02-May-12 10:29:44

Dear lordy be! I've had them since birth! Inherited from my Dad whose eyes look like the mafia guy Fat Tony out of The Simpsons...

valiumredhead Wed 02-May-12 11:09:34

I don't even notice pores or troughs - I notice if people are smiley and invite me round for a cup of tea grin

Katisha Wed 02-May-12 16:44:29

I'd like a run down of exactly how it's done please and how often it has to be redone?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now