Talk

Advanced search

Help me find the best nude tights please!

(25 Posts)
nomoreminibreaks Mon 30-Apr-12 12:30:26

I'm looking for the ultimate nude tights - they will preferably hold my belly in, be a realistic but flattering shade (don't want to look like a majorette), not too shiny and could even be worn with peep toes.

I just want to look like I'm not wearing tights but have amazing legs and a flat stomach. Not asking much...

Do they exist?

suebfg Mon 30-Apr-12 13:56:41

M&S have some good 5 denier ones - £5 each. Had a few compliments when wearing those.

nomoreminibreaks Mon 30-Apr-12 19:49:22

Thanks! I'll pop in tomorrow and have a look. Spent ages in House of Fraser today prepared to pay good money but there were none that did everything.

ceebeegeebies Mon 30-Apr-12 20:20:56

I have bought some micronet nude tights from Mytights website (on the recommendation from Mumsnet) and they look great smile

Not sure about the flat stomach thing but they make my legs look fabulous and are (apparently) a bit more trendy modern than normal nude tights.

They are not cheap at about £7 per pair but worth it I think.

EnjoyResponsibly Mon 30-Apr-12 23:15:45

Pretty Polly Nylons in Sunblush

kikidee Mon 30-Apr-12 23:22:11

I've tried 3 pairs from m&s so far. One 10 denier moisturising, 7 denier ladder resist and 7 denier oiled look. I bought natural tan in the first two pairs and whether it was the colour or the actual tights, I dunno, but they just looked a bit wrong somehow and I felt a bit frumpy. Anyway, then I bought the oiled look in nude and they seem a bit better but certainly not the holy grail yet. Will watch this with interest and off to check out the micronets!

suebfg Tue 01-May-12 07:57:30

I bought the 5 denier in Suntan from M&S - I think they're Autograph and they were really good. I've had the 7 denier ones and I agree that they're not great

dictionarydiva Tue 01-May-12 08:16:35

Sainsburys do some which are called something like "nude oil effect". Sounds mental but they are really nice and have a nice strong belly bit to hold you in. Have searched online but can't find them- they are sold under the Tu range and I get mine in a medium sized store with no clothing bit, so they should be easy enough to get your hands on.

MerlinFromCamelot Tue 01-May-12 10:26:38

Has anyone tried Uk Tights?

Discount code "mumsnet0412" = 30%

missrandom Tue 01-May-12 12:25:04

Definitely agree that M&S is the best. They do seemless ones so that you can wear peeptoes and they have 5 denier so you really can't see them. I'm not sure about the tummy control though.

polyhymnia Tue 01-May-12 14:20:03

I am an M and S Autograph fan but avoid the tan unless my legs are actually a bit tanned and stick to the nude.

ToastedTeacakes Tue 01-May-12 14:34:26

Falke are particularly good, but I am still trying to find a pair that don't shimmer.

ithasgonetotheopera Tue 01-May-12 14:34:45

I love Wolford nude tights, they're perfect, not shiny at all, lovely colour except for the fact they're £15..

I haven't tried M&S, I might give them a go (save me some money if they're any good for me!).

nomoreminibreaks Wed 02-May-12 19:53:20

Thanks everyone! Have ordered a pair of the M&S autograph ones - and, to make the postage worthwhile, a pair of the 5 pocket jeggings...

kikidee Wed 02-May-12 21:12:29

I went to Frasers today to look at the Wolford nudes but there seemed to be a few different kinds. Ithasgonetotheopera, could you please give me the exact name of the ones you have in case I find myself with £15 to blow on tights?

lumbago Wed 02-May-12 22:43:08

I liked marks 7 denier oiled look.

lumbago Wed 02-May-12 22:44:05

I'm white but dusky. They sold me nude. Were too pale

sophietp Tue 08-May-12 10:09:41

You should try www.tightsplease.co.uk/shapewear/slimming/, Tights Please have loads of slimming tights in nude shades which will give you everything you want. They have open toe tights, matt, glossy all with control panels to suck you in! Try this site, they have free UK delivery too.

HipHopOpotomus Tue 08-May-12 15:00:35

I posted about this last week & got some of these from M&S in natural tan

OMG they were amazing, looked like me but perfect, fitted really well, looked totally natural and they are designed for peep-toe shoes, so you can still show off your pedicure.

nomoreminibreaks Tue 08-May-12 20:20:33

Thanks everyone! I went with the M&S ones in nude and yes, I should have gone for natural tan. I'm pasty and these didn't help that. I have yet another wedding coming up in a couple of weeks so will get some for that. I would recommend them - they stayed up all day and were very comfortable. They weren't as slimming as some I've had (from boots) but looked ok.

arniesidd Mon 29-Oct-12 11:32:07

Any update on the best nude tights? I rarely wear them, going from bare legs April - October, then socks and boots the rest of the year! However, I've got to go to a funeral on Wednesday, and am wearing a black dress with grey patent heels. Please, mumsnetters, your advice needed. Do I wear nude or black tights? My instinct says nude, and what is the latest opinion on the best ones? Want to avoid that American tan stodgy granny effect if at all possible, also the stuffed in a sausage skin shiny ones! Help!

LynneJones Wed 22-Feb-17 16:44:45

Matalan have some great nude / natural tights. Italian I think and £3 a pair, really good wearing and a reasonable price too. I've had several pairs

TWOBANANAS Thu 27-Apr-17 06:48:16

I wear 20 denier natural tan by Autograph at M&S. I have to wear 20 denier as my legs are blotchy and bruised (as I walked into a table last week!) but these are the best tights ever - cover up brilliantly!

sallywiththegoodhurr Thu 27-Apr-17 06:54:36

Oil look from primark.

Honestly! I bought them to try thinking they would be crap but for £2 I was willing to try. Completely different to 'glossy' tights and just look natural.

pigsinwings Fri 28-Apr-17 21:21:04

Calzedonia has the best tights, tummy tucking, bum lifting and amazing range of shades to match skin tone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now