Talk

Advanced search

How far is your bottom rib from your pelvic bone?

(79 Posts)
harbingerofdoom Wed 25-Apr-12 21:38:06

Misread a post on the blazer thread that said 10 inches.
I've got a 2" gap between rib and hip and DD2 the same. No waist and enormous ribs.(Yes I was a swimmer). I think we are now called 'parsnips' grin makes a change from carrots!

CMOTDibbler Wed 25-Apr-12 21:39:12

Virtually nothing tbh - I hardly have a waist

harbingerofdoom Wed 25-Apr-12 21:47:37

In fact 2" might be pushing it.... This explains why 'we' don't have waists. When young one can be a rectangle/column, look fit,boyish,sporty etc.
What to do now though?

margoandjerry Wed 25-Apr-12 21:53:55

I am very long waisted - about 8 or 9 inches. So I have a waist (or did). But I have to wear enormous clown trousers or otherwise I have half my bum on show. I totally get where Simon Cowell is coming from with his loon high trousers.

But can I put forward this theory: my observations lead me to believe that long waisted goes along with pear shaped and short legs whereas short waisted goes along with apple shapes but long legs. In a battle between long waist and long legs, the long legs would win every time. sad

harbingerofdoom Wed 25-Apr-12 22:03:52

Let's forget Simon Cowell for now.

MandJ DD1 is my height,has a waist because of a much smaller ribcage and as you say slightly thigh heavy. DD2 unfortunately,does not have the long legs. (Dad's side).

FirstLastEverything Wed 25-Apr-12 22:05:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bonzo77 Wed 25-Apr-12 22:09:52

about 5 inches. which is huge on a 5ft2. So despite needing petite trousers (29 inch inside leg), I need normal or sometimes even "tall" tops. margo I'd never thought about it before, but i think your assertion makes sense.

OneHandFlapping Thu 26-Apr-12 15:31:18

About an inch, as far as I can tell. I also have no waist, despite not being overweight - it never occurred to me that the two things were linked.

Siddhartha Thu 26-Apr-12 15:37:19

don't all measurements equate to other parts of your body, like your arms outstretched equate to your height and your foot length is the same as your elbow to wrist?

my rib to hip bone is the same length as my hand length....about 6 inches or so.

dunno what that means

Alibabaandthe40nappies Thu 26-Apr-12 15:37:37

2 inches, I'm 5'2"

I also tend towards being heavy in the bum and thighs, and have short legs.

hmm

Alibabaandthe40nappies Thu 26-Apr-12 15:38:59

Sidd - my hands are a lot more than 2 inches, so no correlation there!

Quodlibet Thu 26-Apr-12 15:44:22

Are you measuring at the side of your body or the front? I would consider myself quite long-waisted but only 3" at the side between lowest rib and pelvis...6" if I'm measuring the front.

talkingnonsense Thu 26-Apr-12 20:06:45

Yes, which bit of rib?!

bigTillyMint Thu 26-Apr-12 21:25:58

Probably about 3" at the side? I have a high waist, droopy bum, long legs and thunder muscular thighs, plus I am pretty broad confused

Somethinginthewoodshed Thu 26-Apr-12 21:29:09

How the bejesus can you tell? My bones are so deep I can't feel them blush [fat]

CointreauVersial Thu 26-Apr-12 21:40:35

There's hardly any gap between my ribs and pelvis, and I find it really hard to wear belts on my waist - there's nowhere for them to go; they just ride up and end up somewhere under my tits.

I'm 5'7 and a size 10, so fairly tall and slim; just straight up and down!

AlanMoore Fri 27-Apr-12 09:04:52

I think 2-3in (very pg so hard to tell), but I'm short with proportionately long legs and small waist so don't know what that means... (don't envy me though, I'm top heavy AND fat smile )

I find belts at the waist tough as well though am rarely slim enough to wear them. And I've got a theory that you get more discomfort in the rib area in pg as there's not enough room for baby to get comfy!

Dawndonna Fri 27-Apr-12 11:36:06

About 8 inches. long bodied, short legged, but hourglass figure. Tiny waist by comparison with the rest. No matter how big or small I get, I go in loads at the waist.

CrunchyFrog Fri 27-Apr-12 11:55:34

About 3", I'm 5'7.

And yes, carrot shaped grin

winnybella Fri 27-Apr-12 12:09:13

Hmm. There's not much gap between the lowest rib on a side and hip bone, yet I have a small waist. Am 5'8". I think it also depends on a shape of your rib cage-rather than just the gap iyswim.

winnybella Fri 27-Apr-12 12:10:49

Ok, I find it hard to believe anyone has 20 cm gap.

notyummy Fri 27-Apr-12 12:25:53

About 6 inches. Am tall pear with small (comparatively) defined waist and long legs. Not heavy (size 10) but I do put weight on hips/thighs first.

AmazingDisgrace Fri 27-Apr-12 12:50:50

About 5" I'm 5'10 and a size 12/14 hourglass shape. Definitely not short of leg or pear shaped

talkingnonsense Fri 27-Apr-12 12:56:55

Well about 2 inches at the side, but more like 9 at the front?

FreakoidOrganisoid Fri 27-Apr-12 14:07:19

I misread this as pubic bone and thought the measurements were all very short! Mine is 3"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now